We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogor Taxi's

Which Bogor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bogor Taxi's

Lonely planet states taxi's are difficult to find in Bogor. Novotel Bogor reputedly has a car hire. Does anyone have experience with this issue? I will be going from the Jakarta Airport to Novotel Bogor on November the 10th. Thanks.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogor Taxi's

In general, taxis are hard to find in smaller cities such as Bogor. Moreover, Novotel is located INSIDE housing complex makes it even more difficult to get a taxi by the roadside. I suggest you to keep taxi company's phone in hand such as Blue Bird Group (6221) 7917 1234 This is based in Jakarta, and ordering by phone will attract minimum usage charge of Rp30,000 (e.g. if your total meter is less than Rp30,000, you will still need to pay Rp30.000 for taxi ordered by phone).

Renting a car is a much better solution if you wish to travel to more isolated area.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogor Taxi's

I appreciate your prompt response. I will go online to attempt reserving a car at the Jakarta airport. Thanks, again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogor Taxi's

Going by taxi FROM Jakarta Airport to Bogor is not a problem, there will be plenty of taxis available in the airport. The problem is once you're in Novotel Bogor, as Cirque has said.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogor Taxi's

One of the posts commenting upon the services offered at the Novotel Bogor stated that the hotel car was available for hire into the city center for about 50,000 Rupiahs. As I am a bit uneasy about this suggestion, without a firm confirmation from the hotel, I will look into renting a car at the Jakarta airport. However, I also plan to visit the Indonesian consulate here in San Francisco before departing on the 8th. Perhaps they may have suggestions. Please know that I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bogor Taxi's

I was in Bogor in May, and had been there several times. From Jakarta Airport it is easy to get taxi, rental car etc. really spoiled for choice and with the best vehicle. Once out of Jakarta, things are difficult. Within Bogor, it is easier to walk or hop on motorbikes instead of finding a taxi! They are nowhere in sight. I was at hotel Salak one afternoon, they called for a taxi and could not find one. At Botani Square Mall, there are usually a few standing by. But otherwise, a rental car within Bogor is more practical if you don't want to walk or have to go around to different places.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bogor Taxi's

Hi Raymond, you (most possibly) can't get any assistance on this matter from Indonesian consulate. Big chance they won't even have tourism section/assistance that can make arrangement on this, but you're welcome to try if you feel necessary. Otherwise, try to engage with rental company. Prebook this service is definitely a better option than to get one last minute from the airport. Golden Bird car rental can provide English speaking chauffeured service.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bogor Taxi's

Thanks for your thoughts. Consonant with several other respondents opinions, I am going to arrange for a rental car at Sukarno Airport before my departure from the US in order to obviate the uncertainty of attempting to locate a cab after a tiring journey.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bogor Taxi's

Cirque : I am gratefully for your suggestion that Golden Bird Car rental might be useful as they provide an English speaking option which, indeed, is not an option for me! Thanks for taking the time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bogor Taxi's

hi raymond,

there are plenty taxis in bogor.. since they are not driving around bogor.. they only park and stay in their stations like DAMRI bus station botani square and bogor bus station. or like cirque said, just call bluebird taxi operator and the taxi will come to your place. for getting around just ask hotel to get a good bargain rent car..

cheers,

rob

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bogor Taxi's

Rob,- Many thanks for your update. I had really wanted to avoid renting a car at Sukarno Airport; dealing with road signs in a language with which I am unfa miliar; and suffering freeway traffic congestion. Since I had initially intended to use DAMRI, I'll continue with that plan, locating a taxi at the Bogor DAMRI drop off. As I will equip my cellular with an Indonesian SIM card, I should have little problem calling Bluebird if needed. Thanks, again!

Get answers to your questions about Bogor