We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Parnu, Estonia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Hello everyone,

I am looking for tips to travel from Malang to Ngadas village, possibly stay the night (is it possible to book ahead or I will definitely be able to get a room at the homestay there, i am visiting in the beginning of june). Then get ojek or 4-wheel drive to Cemero Lawang and visit Mt Bromo. Then get a transport to Probolinggo and get a train to Banyuwangi.

I dont care for tours, I wanna do it on my own and I have also read people hiking through savannah on foot (10 km) Is it still possible to do?

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Hello.

The most important question is WHEN? I hope you do not have any overland Java plans for June-july 2917?

Parnu, Estonia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Beginning of june, I arrive in Malang on the 5th of june and would like to spend max 2 full days in total before I head Banyuwangi. like I say in the post. I am aware as you have already stated the fact that it will be busy and etc.

Edited: 24 March 2017, 11:47
3. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 03:12
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

kratukiizu, hey

The beginning of June is GOOD. ( please ignore completely irrelevant gibberish about Belgians etc)

To your plan, the most feasible idea is to get a jeep from Malang in the morning directly to cemoro Lawang and explore Bromo area from there. <,Ngadas village>> is completely unnecessary and just a waste of time.

Parnu, Estonia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Thanks, do you think if I already climb the Mt. Merapi is it worth doing Mt. Bromo as well? ..I also plan to climb the Ijen. Mt Bromo would probably cost me the most with everything included. hmmm tough call, I would like to do it all, but you can only do so much. :D

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

You are most welcome.

Mt. Bromo IMHO is a hugely overestimated point of interest, if the financial matter is involved, skip it with confidence.

Parnu, Estonia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

Well, from what I have seen it looks amazing and I really wanna experience it, so I am gonna do it. Right now my plan is to stay a night in Malang then head to mt. Bromo via savanna in the morning, don't know which transportation ill be using but, the cheaper the better. Then have half a day at mt. Bromo, stay the night at Bromo and do the sunrise in the morning, then head to Probolinggo to head to Kawah Ijen/Banyuwangi. Can you recommend which transportation to use? Train or Bus?

8. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 03:12
Parnu, Estonia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

is it possible to book ferry tickets (banyuwangi- gilimanuk) online as well?

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malang- Ngadas village- Savanna to mt Bromo -Banyuwangi

https://www.pelni.co.id/