We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surabaya to Malang by public transport

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
12 posts
226 reviews
Surabaya to Malang by public transport

August 2011 I traveled to Malang to visit Gunung Bromo.

We had flown to Surabaya in the afternoon and decided to go straight to Malang. We got a 20,000rupiah bus from the airport to the bus station - there is a booth to purchase tickets as you come through from baggage reclaim.

We were guided to the correct bus by helpful stewards and paid for our tickets on the bus - 20,000 rupiah per person again. The trip was about 2 hours.

The ticket has a list of times which are regular between 6.10 and 9.10 then 11.50, 12.40, 15.10 and regular again til 18.10, 20.50, 21.40.

Once we got to Malang there were a couple of touts but again bus station employees directed us to the local minivans. There are a range of routes with prices around 3,000 rupiah.

It was a painless experience, with more help than hindrance.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
118 reviews
11. Re: Surabaya to Malang by public transport

The loose translation of "peron" is "platform". It's commonly use to refer the stage in which you embark the train or bus. So in this case, similar to airport tax, the "peron fee" is meant as retribution to maintain the terminal (in this case, you're paying Rp200 to access the waiting area inside the terminal).

Hope that helps and thanks again for your clarification.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
55 reviews
12. Re: Surabaya to Malang by public transport

Hi, I confirm that the fee is Rp 200 and it applies to everyone entering the intercity bus terminal. And you should really ask for the change. It's a shame the way they corrupt everything here :(

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13. Re: Surabaya to Malang by public transport

Hi,

I will gg to Surabaya-Malang on March 12'. I'm thinking to get public coach (exp : Cipaganti) fr Juanda Airport to Malang and get a private driver to Mt Bromo.. anybody can suggest me. How much it cost and contact no of the private driver.

Any suggestion hotel at Mt Bromo,eating place up there, place to stop by the time go down to Malang City.

My schedule : 12/3/2012 (Surabaya to Mt Bromo)...13/3/2012 (Malang City)... 14/3/2012 (Surabaya City)

TQ

14. Re: Surabaya to Malang by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:15