We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

Penang, Pulau...
3 posts
How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

Can anyone tell me how much time needed for Mt.Bromo ?

I plan to take Malabar train from Jogya to Malang. Reach Malang 7.05am, and take the 15.30pm train back to Jogya.

Do you think the time is enough for a return trip from Malang to Mt Bromo ?

Any idea I can get the reliable driver for this trip ? I am in a group of 17 members ( 4 kids, 3 seniors).

Thank you,

Jakarta, Jakarta...
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

The best time to see sunrise in mt.Bromo at 3-5 am... so if arrive at 7.05 am you cannot see the sunrise... spend 1-2 days in Bromo.. you will not regret...

Jakarta, Jakarta...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

one more thing .. The Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Agency (PVMBG) has raised the status of Mount Bromo, East Java, to 'alert' since Wednesday and called on people to keep a distance of at least one kilometer from the active volcano.

Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
207 posts
3. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

hi there .... you must spend at least for 1 nite to stay hotel around Bromo. if following your timatable, i thought, ithat's not an ideal time to visit Bromo. After reach Malang around at 7 in the morning, you must drive by minibus (private is comfortable for large group like yours) to Bromo via Probolinggo, trip in 3,5-4 hours. so, reach Bromo at 11.00. stay 1 nite in Bromo and then in the next morning, start hotel at 3.30-4am, by jeep 4wd, you visit the Sunrise View Point and Bromo Crater. back hotel around at 8-8.30am. check out hotel at 10.00, then driving back Malang, reach malang around at 14.00 (at 2 pm). then train back to Yogya at 15.00 .... hope it will help you (Wawan - Bromo area)

australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
4. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

is one night enough or do we need 2 nights coming from Surabaya in the morning

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

One night is enough, after sunrise & climbing Mt Bromo you can go back straight to Surabaya.

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

agree with radjaff. and you can add madakaripura waterfalls after a full package of bromo if you have bromo from probolinggo.

7. Re: How much time needed for visiting Mt Bromo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 07:18