We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a 4d3n trip

Which Surabaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for a 4d3n trip

Hi all TA Surabaya and Indonesia experts.

I'm planning a budget 4days 3 nights trip to Surabaya end of this month. My aim is to see Bromo.

My questions are related to my itinerary, would really appreciate your advice on how I should ebst go about it.

My itinerary is as follows:

Day 1 (afternoon) arrival at airport. Find a ride to cemoro lawang / sukapura for a nights stay

day 2 see the sunrise and nearby areas. Would like to see the Madakaripura Falls near Sukapura. stay a 2nd night there

day 3 check out and head towards surabaya. check in and do some city overview. Put up a night here

day 4, check out and fly back

My questions are:

1) how much does it cost for me to get a car to cemoro lawang / sukapura? I've read that a car rental for a day is rp 400,00 excluing petrol. so i'm wondering if i go direct by car, would it be cheaper?

2) how long would the journey take by car from surabaya to cemoro lawang / sukapura (i understand these 2 places are about 30 mins apart?)

3) is the cost for Bromo sunrise tour the same regardless if we coming from Cemoro Lawang and Sukapura (rp350,000)?

4) after the sunrise tour Penanjakan viewpoint, is there anything that is must see while we are there before we leave in the afternoon? the Poten temple maybe?

5) Is there anything that i may have overlooked?y main aim of the trip is to see bromo and the waterfall. The rest would be optional if time and costs permits.

I really look forward to your replies.

Thanks!

Regards,

Boodyboy

1. Re: Advice for a 4d3n trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 03:05
2. Re: Advice for a 4d3n trip

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 03:05
Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a 4d3n trip

The House of Sampoerna has a fascinating tour, even if you r a non smoker. The cafe is great.

We also enjoyed the Ampel Mosque. Very Arabic with superb smell of spices and trhe best nasi briyani.

If you not up for the rest of the sites in Bromo, just take a leisurely walk through the sea odf sand and up the little crater.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a 4d3n trip

thanks for the tip guys! Will keep those suggestions in mind.

Any other suggestions would be helpful as well.

Regards

Boodyboy

5. Re: Advice for a 4d3n trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 05:16