We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

Maui
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

We are looking for a great, budget minded resort, near Bunaken or Lembeh? So many to choose from!

Thanks...

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

Hi Danny,

There are a few budget dive resorts on Bunaken. Check out Bunaken Sea Breeze Dive Resort for around US$17 per night www.bunakendivers.com or Froggies Dive Centre for US$34 per night www.divefroggies.com/resort.html

The cheapest close to Lembeh straight is Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort for around US$35 per night www.pulisanresort-sulawesi.com

There is a full list of resorts in both areas toc compare prices listed here www.walkaboutindonesia.com/sulawesi.htm

Hope this helps

Maui
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

Thank you Scott,

We are waiting word for the pulisan resort

That looks perfect...

You were very helpful. By the way, last year I was in some remote areas in the Caribbean and was told not to wear comoflouge, do you know if its ok to wear them out there?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
714 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

Try NAD Lembeh Resort.

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

I don't know of any concerns with wearing camoflauge. I presume you mean army camoflauge cargo pants or jackets.

Lots of the local Indonesians wear ex-surplus army pants or jackets and i've seen some tourists wearing the army cargo pants so don't think it's a problem.

I wouldn't be wearing this in areas like Aceh or Ambon as the army still have the occasion conflict with seperatists though don't know of any prolbems like this in North Sulawesi anymore. Been fairly safe there for a few years.

5. Re: A great dive resort - N. Sulawesi - budget minded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 04:30
Get answers to your questions about Sulawesi