We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meds for Nth Sulawesi, malaria???

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
meds for Nth Sulawesi, malaria???

we are going to be in Nth Sulawesi for 3 weeks and i cant remember what meds i should be getting before we leave, we travel a lot so i guess im becoming a bit complacent these days. so im thinking the basic shots ive already had (which were updated last Nov) but get a script for malaria - anything else you can suggest? Thanks

luxembourg
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meds for Nth Sulawesi, malaria???

Sulawesi is at risk for malaria, so we took malarone* and be precautionous at sunset and early mornings with 'deet' skin lotions.

jean-pierre L

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: meds for Nth Sulawesi, malaria???

Hi Denali68,

You really should be going to the Travellers Medical Centre in George Street Sydney and finding out what you need.

The doctors there will be able to advise you on what is the best type of malaria medication to take in regards to your current health status.

Not all medications are suitable for everyone.

Pamela.

3. Re: meds for Nth Sulawesi, malaria???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Sulawesi