We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saltwater fishing.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
saltwater fishing.

I am planning a trip to Manado in May 2012 like to know the fishing ground and type of fishing I can do like jigging,popping,luring and trolling are the ground productive

so I can decide the type of fishing gear to bring along . your reply of info will be of great assistance, tks and regards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: saltwater fishing.

I am not 100% about fishing rules in the area - Bunaken is a National Marine Park and therefore fishing activities are limited. Also Bangka and Lembeh do not really have much in the way of recreational fishing.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
108 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saltwater fishing.

I think in there is one of best for Fishing tour, but another popular in Sulawesi is Wakatobi, or Takabonerate.

regards

ARIS

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: saltwater fishing.

Have just arrived in Manado myself and have found little in the way of fishing.( I´m an obsessive fisherman) Inshore is either protected,polluted and/or overfished by the local people.

Talking to the locals the only fishing there is tends to be offshore.

I have yet to find a local operator but I´m told there is some. And several local guys have offered to take me out in their boats

Ive also been told there is some lake fishing for unusual species.

The main tourist activity here is diving which is considered world class.

I will be here to mid June when I find some more info I´ll let you know.

The island itself is truely amazing and should not be missed with some of the most friendly people I have ever met.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: saltwater fishing.

Hi, I am a passionate sport-fishing man too and based in Manado. I can help you in organising a fishing trip off Manado waters. Biaro island, 20miles north of Manado is one of the best fishing spots in Indonesia (try to google it!). I did night jigging with some friends in that area last weekend and got some 10kg up and 5kgs of Giang Trevallys, including some line-outs and line-breaks... You may contact me at sadewo.p@gmail.com.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: saltwater fishing.

Thanks for the information due to heavy work schedule my trip have to shelf off till September, Appreciate your next info feedback to plan for the September trip. Meantime have a joyful and wonderful holiday Cheers. You rock! regards.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 16:03
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: saltwater fishing.

Sure, happy to assist.

For more information on fishing in Manado, you may have a look at www.manado-fishing.com .

Sadewo.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: saltwater fishing.

Hi Whopperstopper, I've just arrived in Manado for the next month and have my first trip with Sadewo this Friday; how was your trip?

I'm also going to Tahuna and Siau Island during this time to visit my wifes family and have booked some trips out with family members, on Siau l am going to try out spearfishing around a few of the smaller deserted islands so hopefully there will be some memorable catches. I am very keen to see if l can set upome sort of business arranging fishing trips from Australia to this area as it is an untouched diamond.

8. Re: saltwater fishing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 13:15