I will be in Manado from October 18th 2014 (arriving late at night) untill October 24th (where I will get in a diving live aboard, in the afternoon).
Im trying to figure out what would be the best route/timing, so I can visit dive Bunaken and Lembeh and also get to know a little of the dry Manado and surroundings.
If possible, I would like to know:
1 - Is it possible to dive in Bunaken islands (the good spots!), while being in a hotel based in Manado ? (or anywhere in the mainland sulawesi). I mean, if its always a 2 hour boat to any spot.. i think it would be better to stay in Bunaken.
2 - Im thinking on spliting my time like this:
- Oct 19th :: Manado and surroundings
- Oct 20th :: Manado and surroundings
- Oct 21th :: Dive in Bunaken
- Oct 22th :: Dive in Bunaken
- Oct 23th :: Dive in Bunaken. In the afternoon, move to Lembeh area
- Oct 24th :: Dive in Lembeh
- Oct 25th :: Dive in Lembeh (in the morning only). In the afternoon, go to the Dive boat
My questions about this are:
2a) Is only 2 days for getting to know manado... ok ? Should it be more .. or less?
2b) Where is better ? Should I stay more in Lembeh or Bunaken ?
3 - Do I need a rental car while in there ? I like renting cars. It gives me more freedom and speed.. but is it a good idea to rent it there ?
Thanks a lot !!!