We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self drive car rental in Padang

Save Topic
Self drive car rental in Padang

Hello everyone, I'm planning to go to Padang very soon, and I'm planning to drive on my own. Does anyone know a good car rental company in Padang? Would greatly appreciate any info regarding this matter. Contact me at haizad_ mohamed@yahoo.com.

Padang
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

Dear Mr. Haizad,

I have sent you all information that you want to our email,, I will waiting for your reply thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

Hi! We are also looking for self drive car hire. could you please forward Mr Haizad information. Regards, Norjana.

budapest
Level Contributor
53 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

hey :) could you pls forward the info to me too?:)thx

tündi

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

I would be very wary about hiring a car in Indonesia and self driving. If there happens to be an accident - whether you are in the wrong or not - you will be blamed and made to pay for the damage.

Be very very careful.... many travellers get themselves into all sorts of trouble.

It only costs about another 100,000 rupiah ( $10US) to hire a driver to drive you around, so you are not saving very much and will be much safer.

Pamela

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

It is true what pPamela said. If you are tourists must be very careful when you drive here. Locals are used to the pronlems and dangers but most tourists are not.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 01:02
Gornji Grad...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

Hi! I am also looking for self drive car hire. The reason is not saving but being more free and independent :-)

Could you please forward Mr Haizad information.

Regards, Urša

7. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 10:35
Bali, Indonesia
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

dear..

the good ways are with driver know well in tourism object n all the way and speak good inglish olso. only costs about another 150,000 rupiah ( $15US) to hire a driver to drive you around, so you are not saving very much money and will be much safer n get lot of info about the area too .

good luck seninsel@rocket mail.com

Bali, Indonesia
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

dear; Norjana.

the good ways are with driver know well in tourism object n all the way and speak good inglish olso. only costs about another 150,000 rupiah ( $15US) to hire a driver to drive you around, so you are not saving very much money and will be much safer n get lot of info about the area too .

Bali, Indonesia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Self drive car rental in Padang

dear... Norjana

the good ways are with driver know well in tourism object n all the way and speak good inglish n malay too

only costs about another 150,000 rupiah ( $15US) to hire a driver to drive you around, so you are not saving very much money and will be much safer n get lot of info about the area too .

Get answers to your questions about Padang