We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lombok and Gilis - Help!

Regensburg, Germany
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lombok and Gilis - Help!

we`ll be staying on Lombok in May 11 for 4 or 5 days.

I`m planning going on to Gili Trawangan (3 nights) and I`m not sure to stay another 2 nights on Gili Air. Is it worth to go there and stay overnight or will 1 or 2 daily tours be enough?

Alltogether there will be about 10 days to divide.

I don`t like so much pack up the suitcase and move.

Otherwise maybe it will be quite nice staying in different places

I`m still not sure where to stay on Gili Trawangan (Luce d´almare Resort or Kokomo or Kelapavillas and on Gili Air Villa Bulan Madu)

Hope to get some help from you with my decision!

Gaby

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

Dear gaby,

how are you? hahaha we are in the same point i think i will take villa kelapa

as it is an important trip, did you ask prices?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

gili T and gili air though close are both nice to stay at. each has a different feel and gili air runs at a slower pace and has much less travellers.

i would stay at one island and visit the other (as well as meno) as a day trip or as part of the snorkelling trip or charter a boat with others to visit the islands at your own pace.

then again if this is the only time you may ever get this way, i would stay on both islands. moving from one island can be done by the public boat or chartering a boat (about 200 000 to 250 000 rupiah) if you are heading back to bali the fast boats leave from gili T.

i recommned two places to stay on the islands but there is a lot to choose from that are good.

at gili T

martas

0812 3722 777

628123722777 bungalow number

6281339812299 joanna mobile

martas_trawangan@yahoo.com

Blog link:

…blogspot.com/2009/08/lombok-gili-trawangan-…

youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmVvz0J6xU

at gili air

Gili air hotel

giliair@mataram.wasantara.net.id

www.hotelgiliair.com

62 370 634435

In indonesia - 0370634435

blog

…blogspot.com/2009/08/lombok-gili-air.html

youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3qGsNMjExw

this other link may be helpful to you

Getting to and from gilis and Lombok

blog

…blogspot.com/2009/08/lombok-gettting-to-and…

Regensburg, Germany
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

thank you - that`s very helpful! (Especially the blog getting to and from Gilis and Lombok)

I still don`t know how to organise our trip from Bali to Lombok.

As we will stay at Munduk Modding Plantation first, which is in the mountains, very quiet area - we want to leave on 22nd May - the same day we want to go to Lombok.

I`m afraid that at Munduk there will be no chance to organize this trip.

Will it be better to do this before from Germany? Or will it be possible to go directly to Denpasar Airport and buy a ticket for the same day departure?

I

4. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 15:05
Edited: 29 November 2010, 15:05
Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

Dear Gaby,

i will take a fast boat from bali until gili t. because i don't want to spend half day in airport and can be beautiful to see the cost until gili.

Lombok reisen, how much can cost a return ticket in june?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

you could get a car from manggis to padangbai. get fast boat to Gili T. you'll be there by lunch. ring and book in bali. two days notice is plenty. you pay for the tickets at the office at padangbai. about 1 200 000 rups return. or 660 000 rups one way.

if going to lombok mainland after this you can either get a number of boats back to bali or fly.

in lombok, seeing that you liked the quiet isolation i recommend heaven on a planet. it is a quiet resort. a little expensive (to me) but a very pretty area. went there in may this year and loved it.

always the hardest thing in a trip what to do and harder still what to leave out. which ever way you'll have a great time.

i'm there myself in may but i'll probably be in sumba or roti. i usually have a very flexible plan.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

Dear victor062011,

For the detailed information I suggest you to ask to the operator directly:

info@lombokreisen.com

They will choose what is fit for you, according to where is your hotel in Bali and what departure time you will choose. Never feel hesitate for asking.

You can see the boats here:

http://lombokfastboats.com

As rockterrigal said, the public price is 1.2M rups return, or 660k rups one way, but we usually give the discount for online booking.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

Hi Gaby, you should find the information you need on this TA thread: Flying between Bali and Lombok, including to Gilli islands at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297733-i9237-k401…

If you need any more info on the travelling between Bali and Lombok then leave some questions there. If you were travelling in the next 2 months I would not encourage a fast boat crossing at all but in May/June things are normally a little calmer on the seas. I would however encourage you to explore the air link services though as it is not expensive to fly (about 210,000-280,000 each way) and you are a lot less likely to get either wet or bounced around. The Gili's are a great place to relax and you can charter a boat for a trip to the other nearby islands and the mainland or take the public ferry service across to the mainland and do some day trips there. The public ferries do not offer a formal inter island service, just from your island to the mainland and back.

9. Re: Lombok and Gilis - Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:16