We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Lombok

Coolangatta
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing Lombok

Heading off to Lombok in a few weeks for the first time on a hopefully successful surf trip.Could anyone tell me the most convenient place to stay as far as accesing the best surf spots.Dont want anything flash willing to pay upto 350k per night..Kevin.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Lombok

there are waves and places to stay at sengiggi and kuta. there is more variety in waves from kuta. transport is essential to the breaks and will add to your costs.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Lombok

In Kuta most people surf at Gerupuk where you have to rent a boat to get to the breaks. At the moment I think it is Rp80,000 for the boat but if there are more of you 3/4 they may charger per person Rp30,000 or 25,000 depending on how many sharing.

You can rent motorbikes with racks for your boards to get to Gerupuk and the other breaks. The cost is Rp40,000 for manual and Rp50,000 for automatic with discounts for longer rents.

As well as Gerupuk other places to surf in the Kuta area where you dont need a boat are Are Guling, Mawi, Seger and Tanjung Aan. Not a lot of people surf at Tanjung Aan but we had some guests this year who stayed a month and surfed there twice a day. They were on their own except for a few days when the waves at Gerupuk were too big.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Lombok

Desert Point (Banko Banko) is a famous surf destination in the south west of Lombok (via Sekotong). You might want to consider visiting there as well.

Coolangatta
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing Lombok

Thanks Rock,Appreciate the information.

Coolangatta
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing Lombok

Thanks L.L I relly appreciate the valuable information.K

Coolangatta
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing Lombok

Cheers Hercules,Lets hope it's a good one.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfing Lombok

desert point is a long hard drive with from what i've been told basic accommodation and food. sounds like a great adventure.

this link has some helpful info on kuta lombok:

http://www.kuta-lombok.net/surfshop_en.php

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfing Lombok

Yes, there are minimal facilities there, think of it as basic beach camping.

The nearest tourist like facilities are in Sekotong.

This link may offer some interest as well.

magicseaweed.com/Desert-Point-Surf-Report/…

It is a bit of a 'hard-core' surfing destination, as rockterrigal has hinted above.

There are plenty of local surfing enthusiasts who will help you get there. rockterrigal's link above is a good starting point.

Auckland, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfing Lombok

hi there, I'm going to Kuta Lombok this Oct & I'm not sure where to stay, cheched Lonley P, their pick up sounds really good but 300k is bit much for me. do you have any recomendation?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Surfing Lombok

Check Mimpi Manis homestay, fan cooled is only 100,000 or a/c 150,000. If they are full, look at Surfer's Inn or The Spot.