We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
860 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

Hello... I know the title of this post may sound suspicious but please kindly look through my whole post :)

I am going with my family to Lombok 1-4Sept, and I've always wanted to trek Rinjani however due to the fact that my fam are not as fit as I am (elderly parents, 2 young nieces and 1 lazy sister ha!), I am left with none to trek with. The trekking guide that comes recommended here by DE "j_hurcules", Ronie, says that there must be at least 2 trekkers traveling together on an expedition to cover the costs. So basically, I am looking for that 1 other trekker (or more, the more the merrier).

The trekking dates are 2-3Sept. For the trekking details please visit: http://www.info2lombok.com/Rim_Program.htm

I have asked for a special discount (local price as I am a Jakartaan) from Pak Ronie. You will get the same price as mine even if you're not a local tourist. So anyone interested, please PM me for pricing details :)

Thank you! So excited!! :)

Edited: 28 August 2011, 07:23
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

try thorn bird forum as well. it is associated with lonely planet.

also too the treking company may have people who are willing to go but are on own as well. i found people this way when going to ijen and bromo.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

Hi thanks for your reply, rockterrigal :) the reason why I'm looking for another trekker is because there's been none other booked with Ronnie for that particular dates... also, most travelers trek to the peak, while I want to only get to the crater... sigh

But thanks, I'll try thorn bird as well!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

good luck.

another option as a last resort is to ask around when you get to bali. never know your luck.

a couple of years back when in gili trawangan there were a lot of backpackers that had been on a trek or were going. they were mainly staying around the scuba diving hotels. so apart from going to gili t you could contact some of the hotels to see if there are people going to rinjini.

also try posting your question in the bali forum.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

Thank you... :)

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

I think Rockterrigals mind was on your avatar when he was typing that ;-)

It is the Thorn Tree forum

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa

Good luck finding someone.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

thanks lombok lover. probably had my mind in a book though :-)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

Thanks all! Sadly we didn't get to Rinjani when we were there, but went instead to the Gilis (snorkeling day trip) and Senaru waterfalls (the second waterfall was amazing! Had to go through this forest but the beautiful waterfall with the icy cold water pond was so worth it!). All in all, we were very happy with the trip and I can't wait till my next Lombok visit!! :)

8. Re: Looking for a travel companion for a Rinjani Trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 07:16