We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senggigi or Kuta Beach

Austria
Level Contributor
119 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Senggigi or Kuta Beach

Will stay for 6 days at Gili Trawangan in June. Then my next plans going to Senggigi or Kuta Beach for some days before moving to Bali.

My Question, it's better staying at Senggigi and making day tours to Kuta/Gili Nanngu/Desert Point/Mawun Beach or stay at Kuta Beach.

Is there any nightlife in Senggigi or Kuta?

I was also thinking going to Semnyak Bali after 6 days Gili Trawangan.

Thanks for helping!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senggigi or Kuta Beach

lombok is quieter than gilis. maybe stay a few days at sengiggi and look around the area - pretty. then a few in kuta lombok. also a pretty area.

desert point is a long drive for a look see. if you want to see nanngu/desert point maybe stay there.

you have six days so need to make choice or you'll be spending a lot of time driving.

nightlife in sengiggi none in kuta.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Senggigi or Kuta Beach

Sorry Rockterrigal, plenty of night-life in Kuta. Live bands/music at The Shore Bar, Cafe 7 and at other bars,local karaoke, local parties,movies, full moon dance party at Sama Sama Dua,good restaurants, cafe's and warungs. Some of it is not in your face so you just have to know where to look, talk to some locals and they will tell you what's happening and where.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Senggigi or Kuta Beach

Try this link, most nights you can start the evening with a drink and music at somewhere like Cafe 7 and later head to a party or The Shore Bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsP7R4Syw4

Austria
Level Contributor
119 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Senggigi or Kuta Beach

Thanks Rockterrigal and PakM. I like the video from Kuta Beach!!

Was in Kuta Beach but Bali first time 1983.... and hope to find the same nice athmosphere in Kuta Beach Lombok now...... ok everything changed, me too, hahahah

Edited: 03 June 2012, 11:04
5. Re: Senggigi or Kuta Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:17