We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

merpati airlines

Canarias
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
merpati airlines

Someone know if it is possible to pay with an foreign creditcard on the Merpati airlines web site?

Or is it better to contact a travelagency?

Thanks , best regards Maria

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: merpati airlines

As far as I know you can't pay with one you can pay Lion Air with an Aussie one o you can get your ticket when you arrive .

Canarias
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: merpati airlines

Thanks Sandy...good to know...

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: merpati airlines

If you are booking Denpasar to Lombok with Merpati I would avoid the flight that gets in at 2.20pm. My husband regularly does pick ups from the airport and this flight doesn't even appear on the board till about 4pm or later and gets in after 5pm. It seems to happen every time we have a pick up for that flight!

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: merpati airlines

Previously Merpati only accepted Indonesian cards,, now they accept cards from a wide range of countries, cannot be sure if your Spanish issued card will work though.

Maybe stick with Lion Air or Garuda, both accept online payments however some cards are rejected, UK cards are particularly problematic on Lion Air payments.

Garuda provide one service per day, GA0436 departs DPS at 17:35

and arrives at LOP 18:10

Lion Air operated by Wings depart Bali (DPS) to Lombok (LOP) 3 times daily:

JT1852 dep DPS 09:50 arr LOP 10:20

JT1850 dep DPS 11:40 arr LOP 12:10

JT1854 dep DPS 16:50 arr LOP 17:20

Flights are also operated by Trans Nusa, they do not accept online payments.

Sky Aviation operate SY770 DPS-LOP, it departs at 07:30 and arrives in Lombok at 08:00 in the morning, they accept Visa cards online, again unsure on a Spanish card, you would need to try a booking.

Merpati are avoidable for several reasons, including those outlined above by Lombok_Lover. Only use them if you have no other clear and convenient option.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: merpati airlines

Use the agent detailed below if you cannot make an online payment.

They will organise it by email using your visa or american express card.

Once they have the booking established you must get the payment done quickly as the local airline booking systems only give a short amount of time to pay before the booking falls of the system and needs to be done again.

If you do it again of course the earlier seat availability and price may have changed.

Have a scanned copy of your passport and credit card (front and back) ready to send with payment authority. The bank drives that demand, not the travel agency.

They will send back an invoice with a paid acknowledgment and an e-ticket.

Obscure the authorisation code on the back of the card if you wish and provide that by some other means if required for payment.

That agent can organise other Indonesian flights if you wish and they have IATA accreditation.

Bidy Tour (attn Atik)

http://bidytour-lombok.com/2011/

info@bidytour-lombok.com

bidytour@indo.net.id

Office (Ampenan) +62370634095

Edited: 01 August 2012, 07:29
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
254 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: merpati airlines

Does anyone know if you can change your passport details later with Merpati?

We want to book a flight now for October, but my boyfriends will get a new passport somewhere around July/August.

I know that with AirAsia you can simply change the passport details in case your passport got lost or stolen and you got a new one with a different number than the one you made the booking with.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: merpati airlines

Hi Americangirl,

As far as I know, you don't need to fill the passport number column to book indonesian domestic flight. You can leave the column empty. So I think it wouldn't be a problem if you book from now.

I hope this helps.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: merpati airlines

If it is an internal flight they are only likely to look at it to ascertain the ticket matches the person flying, they will likely be looking at the photo.

A photo ID such as a drivers licence will likely be accepted for that verification at check-in, or it might not be sought at all, don't worry about it.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
254 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: merpati airlines

Thank you both!! It was indeed correct that I did not need to fill out the passport details!

There was no red dot at those fields indicating that they should be filled out. So I left them blank and proceeded to the payment part and it worked! (was also relieved they accepted my creditcard since I read a lot of stories from people who could not book online)

10. Re: merpati airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:35
Edited: 15 January 2014, 07:35