We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Hi,

I'm planning on heading to Bali with a friend in July and we would like to go to Gili T and possibly Lombok.

We're thinking of staying 3 nights in Lombok, preferably in Senggigi. Will this be too many/not enough? Any suggestions on what to do/where to go?

We're also planning on staying 5 nights in Gili T. Also any suggestions about Gili T?

Thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Hi Brooklyn,

I've been to Lombok, not GIli. If you like hiking and mountains, try Rinjani ...

Staying in Senggigi for 3 nights, welllllll, I am not sure. I admit, the Senggigi beach is breathtaking, I love Senggigi ... but staying there for 3 nights (for a 20 yo, might be boring) ... you should get around Lombok, see villages, see how they make potteries (Banyumulik), folks there are very friendly ... travel south (Kuta Lombok) ... and so on, just explore the island ... it's lovely ... you'll love the island

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Things to do

Snorkel trip to three gili islands - advertised everywhere there

Surf – board and body board hire

Horse riding

Cidomo (horse and cart around island or to specific destinations

Cycle - this is great!!!!

Diving – heaps of professional dive places

Top hill sunrise

Turtle hatchery

Charter boat ½ or full day – fish, snorkel, and laze around on waters, visit islands or combos of these.

Sit and watch the sunset – a number of 'bar' /viewing spots area in the south of the island

Cruise and eat at all the restaurants

Mushroom shakes – mind trip

Massage

Snorkel off beach and drift along with the currents at the north, east, south and between surf breaks in the south. Best sites are trawangan wall, turbo reef and halik reef.

Walk around and through the island

go to night parties

Nothing – this usually seems the best thing to do.

on mainland Lombok

organise trek to Rinjani – volcano on Lombok

Day trips around Lombok

beware that 'drink spiking' esp young girls can happen in GILLIs - watch each other's backs and drinks.

have a great time!

Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

3 nights is enough, I recommend you to stay at senggigi or maybe try one night at kuta. You can explore the island, so many beautiful beaches , village ( sade, banyumulek), also a lot of waterrfalls

i'm a local people, if you come when I have a free time maybe I can help you here. Don't worry I don't charge for money

Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Double post

Edited: 08 June 2013, 13:28
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Hey! me and my friends are going to lombok/ gillies from the 1st of july! We are from Perth. Their are three of us and we are all 19! we would love to travel with other people!

Edited: 11 June 2013, 02:13
Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

If anyone want to explore lombok with local people, I can help any of you.

I'm 21 yo and I want to improve my english, i think if I talk to native english speaker will help me a lot. anyone who will visit lombok and interested in my offer just let me know

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Hey! Me and my friends are going to lombok on the first of july and plan to spend a few days there. We are all 19 and would love to see how the locals live :) would love to meet up!

Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

Yeah sure! I would love to! I also can be a free guide for you and your friends :)

9. Re: 20 y-o females travelling to Gili T and Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:18