We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay if I have three nights?

Level Contributor
282 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay if I have three nights?

I'm planning to visit Lombok for 3 nights next June as well as Gili T for 3 nights. I've never been to either before but love Bali. Where would be good location to stay on Lombok? I want somewhere that's cheap...say up to $60 and clean. Near the beach....any secret locations? Any tips? Is there really a place called Kuta on Lombok?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay if I have three nights?

Hi Sue,

Since you will be exploring the North-Westerly Gili's I would stay a few nights in the south of lombok. For convenience sake only 20-30 minutes to the airport.

There is a place called Kuta in Lombok, there is a nice accommodation in Kuta which is renowned in price and resource: Mimpi Manis homestay.

There are plenty of good secret locations in the south i.e. Pink beach, Selong Belanak, Tanjung Ann, Mawun beach etc. You will easily be able to organize trips to these locations through your stay.

Hope this helps!

Singapore
Level Contributor
397 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay if I have three nights?

We are now at Kuta Novotel after staying 3 nights at Gili T , 1 night at Senggigi. This is the best by far without even trying to do much. The hotel is nice, has comfotable beach loungers that faces a lovely beach with sound of the waves.None of the rooms face the sea so u just hv to come n lie by the beach in the small huts with comfortable beds.We are just contented doing that. The restaurants are 20 to 30 min walk but cant walk in the dark. Owner of Warung Bule cooked lovely food n sent a car to pick us n drop us back. Life us a bliss here!

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay if I have three nights?

Novotel is over their budget. For nice rooms, aircon, hot water, TV and the best pool in town (excluding Novotels) I would recommend Kuta Indah. Their renovated rooms cost Rp350,000 per night low season.

Bule does have very good food. the owner and chef used to be the chef at Novotel so is well trained and they have a good menu.

Some other good spots for food are my favourite Full Moon, for an extensive Indonesian/western menu including fresh seafood. Dwikis is my favourite for Pizza, Solah do good Mexican and Riviera thought not on the beach has live acoustic music on Wednesdays with a good vibe.

Also try to get to Warung Turtle on tanjung Aan Beach, simple Indonesian food but a blissful setting!

4. Re: Where should I stay if I have three nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17