Two weeks in Lombok! So great.
* Amazingly friendly people
* It's not Bali
* The street vendors ask once and then leave you alone
* Great restaurants
* Very scenic
* $1 DVDs and most work.
* Rubbish on beaches and in the water
* Hot and sticky [my opinion only]
* Day trips are a huge all day event, which is not great with kids.
* Little tourism infrastructure-this is good and bad.
Places to eat
* Qunci Villas
* De Quake
* Café Antonio
* We only had cocktails at Qunci, otherwise drank beer and juices.
* Loved the bar on the beach at the Sengiggi Beach Hotel for sunset.
* Went from Teluk Nare on a speedboat-literally ten minutes for US$40 each way
* Rubbish on the beaches and in the water-the Meno Wall was the worst
* Stunning scenery and swimming
* Ate at Bibi's, Mahllia's Child, Rus and Tropical Hideaway Hotel.
* Saw turtles when snorkelling.
* Best snorkelling was on the east coast at the shipwreck.Edited: 19 January 2014, 08:02