We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

Is the price of the speed boat going up?

or

Does sea transport cost generally going up recently?

please let me know. Thank you.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 07:42
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

I have heard from a local hotel owner it has gone up, quite significantly, but I don't have any specific information. There is a kind of cartel that dictates what the speedboats charge, and the price increase is coming from them.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 11:59
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

I've got the price increase last month and this month another increase because hotel told me just book 2 weeks prior. 28% increase within one month.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

My friends paid the same price of car+driver and boat hires in March 2014 that I paid in Oct-Nov 2013. We were recommended by mutual friends.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

You can do a price comparison with someone like Dream Divers. google their website, look for the transport link at the bottom of the page, and check the price for speedboat or snellboat.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

Thanks I will check this out.

I just had bad experience with this reputable accommodation at Gili Air.

The prices were keep going up (accommodation and transport) every email that I've received since it it not clearly stated on their website.

I think there were a price increase for boat transport so I guess it was fine but after 2-3 weeks another increase :(

Thank you all.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

I am very surprised the prices went up 28%. There was no fuel price increased since middle 2013. Maybe you going during peak holiday season.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 00:51
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

I am going next 3 weeks.

Got reply and I still can keep the old rate since I already mentioned earlier that I am going to take the speed boat transfer from them. Otherwise, people with get the new price.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

I just sms my contact in Lombok and he confirmed there is no increase in speedboat hire from Gili T, A or M to Teluk Nare in April 2014. Maybe the increase only for foreigners not Indonesians.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

Once arriving in Telok Nore from Gili, is it easy to find taxis off the jetty/harbour? Since we are travelling with young children, would it be better to pre-book one? We have pre-booked everything for onwards journey. But for going back.....just wondered how easy/difficult it would be. Avoiding Bangsal after all the reviews about touts/ harassment; so trying to do transfers through Telok Nore?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gili Air to Teluk Nare by speed boat

Once arriving in Telok Nore from Gili, is it easy to find taxis off the jetty/harbour? Since we are travelling with young children, would it be better to pre-book one? We have pre-booked everything for onwards journey. But for going back.....just wondered how easy/difficult it would be. Avoiding Bangsal after all the reviews about touts/ harassment; so trying to do transfers through Telok Nore?