We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Just letting you know Jetstar will be ceasing it's flights between Perth and Lombok.

Booked a trip just last Sunday and got an email today:

"We wanted to let you know that, from 17 October 2014, we’ll stop flying directly between Perth and Lombok. We’re sorry that this change will impact your journey and have a few options to help with your travel plans".

Not very happy. Will get a full refund but still, they would have known I reckon.

Perth
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Hard to understand, I flew Jetstar to lombok today and it was 90% full. Maybe that was just a result of volcano cancellations earlier in the week?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

We went to Lombok in May, whilst not full, the planes were well patronised.

Most disappointing.

Perth
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

heraldsun.com.au/travel/travel-news/jetstar-…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Thanks for the link.... I dont reckon they persevered long enough though.

Perth
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

I agree, my shot in the dark is that the Lombok government subsidised it for the first year, and didn't renew.

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Yes a friend of mine booked just last night and they took her booking and and her money have not yet notified her that there will not be a flight. Considering so many new businesses have opened and are under development here to cater to these flights I see a tough low season ahead for all next year!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

That sucks.

We had a week planned for Feb 2015 and organising to get to Lombok from Bali just doesn't excite me. The extra cost and travel time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

It is extremely disappointing for the Lombok community, and LombokLover is right, things are going to be very tough once these flights stop as so many places have opened to cater for the higher number of tourists. I think some will not survive unless they have the means to tough it out for a few years.

Hopefully the tourism industry in Lombok will be able to bring some pressure to bear on the Lombok government to work harder to get more international flights direct into Lombok.

It is a big blow for me personally as direct flights to Perth suit me so much. The added travel time to have to go via Bali is a pain, but it is what I've done for the past couple of decades so I will get used to it again. Fortunately there are more planes than ever doing the domestic run between the 2 islands.

I had thought things looked pretty good for the direct Perth - Lombok flight - it always seems to be almost full. BUT 2 things - 1. Jetstar have continually discounted the flight, even in peak times. That goes to why the flights are nearly always full. Who can resist a $300 return to Lombok? Recently when I needed to get to Bali it was school holidays and a fare to Bali with both Jetstar and Air Asia was nearly $900, but I could get a fare to Lombok on the same dates for $400. 2. The government incented Jetstar to operate the flights and from what I hear that incentive is about to expire.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

Sudiah, may I ask you as a seasoned traveller to Lombok.

What would be the best way to get to Gili T? Fast boat from Bali? And would you recommend anyone?

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth to Lombok & Jetstar

A lot of people use fast boats, personally I would not. I fly between Bali and Lombok

Get answers to your questions about Lombok
Recent Conversations