We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

washington dc
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

There are so many companies offering day tours up the coast to all four of these cities. I've seen some bad reviews for Egged. Has anybody used any of the others ones like GoJerusalem, Tour Plan Israel, Gordon Tours, etc? We're looking to go the first week of January.

Thanks!

Crusader Fortress
Castles, Historic Sites
Bahai Gardens  and Shrine
Sacred & Religious Sites
The Citadel
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

These tours are very similar.

In order to do all four sites, you spend a limited time at each one and it is a long day in the bus.

I did the Egged tour. We had an excellent guide. Not so impressed with some other members of the group but that happens anytime you get a group together. It was a really long day. We spent more time in Akko and almost no time in Haifa, only long enough to stop and take pictures from the top of the gardens down to the port. However, the time at Ceasarea was excellent, but rushed, the time in Akko was excellent and Rosh Hanikra was fine.

I would not exclude Egged from the list. Compare group size (our Egged tour only had 10 people), price, and length of the tour.

Although I didn't do other companies, I have seen the groups coming and going from the sites (especially at Ceasarea) and they are all very, very similar in what you see and do.

Mentioned in this post
Rosh Hanikra
Rosh Hanikra
Northern District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,717 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

As mentioned these tours are standard and many of the companies you mentioned may use a secondary company to provide the tour. No tour stays in Haifa for longer than mentioned above for a view of the bay and Bahai Gardens. Other companies are Rent-a-Guide, Bein Harim (although reviews are not great). It is impossible to know who the guide will be or the dynamics of the group which may make/break the tour. All use professional licensed guides. The amount of people on a tour depends on how many signed up which could be 5 people or 25, again there is no way of knowing until the tour starts.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,271 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

My only concern is the rushed nature of these tours. Inasmuch as early January (after Jan. 3 or so) is low season, there shouldn't be too many people on the tour ( but anything is possible) With low numbers you do need to inquire how the pick up works. When numbers are high each tour does its' own pick-ups. When numbers are low, some of the companies have buses picking up for ALL their tours and then meeting at a central location and people switching to the appropriate bus. I think the later takes more time.

The quality of the guide --impossible to know in advance.

4. Re: Acre / Rosh Hanikra / Haifa / Caesarea Day Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Acre