We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

London, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

Hello,

I am visiting Israel for one week (2 nights in Tel Aviv) then 5 nights in Acre. I had hoped Acre would be quiet and beautiful. We are 3 women in our 30s and simply hoped for a pretty location with good restaurants for the evenings. We have a car and will drive out to the destinations we hope to see each day.

Have we picked Acre well or should we re-arrange our plans?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

No. This is a mistake IMHO.

Acre is wonderful for a half-day excursion, including lunch at the seaside Abu Christo restaurant. But staying here 5 nights is not a good idea.

Is this a first trip to Israel? If so, what about Jerusalem? It's probably the most fascinating city on earth and a definite 'must' for any first-timer.

In the North, consider staying at a kibbutz hotel in Galilee, such as Nof Ginosar, Pastoral Kfar Blum or Hagoshrim.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,456 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

You have skipped Jerusalem completely. I would suggest you allow at least three days there, so much to see you will not run out of things to do.

troy mi
Level Contributor
909 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

Agree with Dave - 1 or half day in Acre plenty and that includes lunch at the great Abu Christo. Consider making your base much further south - all depends on what you want to see or do or time of year

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

I too have to add, you can' t go to Israel and miss Jerusalem. Also, if you want adown day--there are plenty of places that are much more appropriate than Acre! What made you pick it?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

I have to concour, Israel is first and foremost its capital, Jerusalem.

Spend there at least 3 days. If you want relaxation before/after Jerusalem, we can suggest you some great spots of relaxation in Israel. desert? mountains? beaches? Tell us your preferences and we will come up with resorts.

London, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

This is very helpful! Thank you. Our plans are 2 days in Tel Aviv, 1 day at a family wedding in Binyamina, and then sight seeing via car. We do plan a day in Jerusalem, a day in the Golan Heights for example. We also just have 1 week so thought Acre would allow for the quiet evenings after a day's sight seeing and importantly only wanted to stay in 2 places max one of which should be Tel Aviv. My 2 other friends have been to Jerusalem before.

With this new information if you have any additional helpful tips this would be much appreciated!

H

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

I think it's not a mortal sin to skip Jerusalem, if only because:

(1) 2 out of the 3 of you have already been there

(2) You have a very short trip

(3) You have to be in Binyamina one day/night.

You can tour wineries in Binyamina/Zichron Yaakov, explore the Golan, go to Caesaria, etc. Make it more of a N Israel trip. Save the more egneral trip for another time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

I think you totally have the wrong idea in your head about Acre (Akko). It absolutely does not justify such a lengthy stay. Why not base yourselves in the beautiful Galilee countryside instead?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

My opinion....skip Tel Aviv completely on this trip. Do not spend more than 3/4 day in Akko.

Add all the extra time to Jerusalem

You haven't said when this trip is planned for....it may make a slight difference to your plans.

Dr. Z

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will 3 women enjoy staying in Acre for 5 nights

If I read your post # 6 correctly, you are planning on using Acre as a base for a day in Jerusalem, and a day in the Golan. Jerusalem is a very long distance form Acre. Acre is just not a place to hang out and lounge. There are many hotels much further South that fit the bill. If you only want two hotels do Jerusalem and a few nights up North. You can more easily visit Tel Aviv and Benyamin from Jerusalem than Southern places from Acre. (but you really need 3 hotels to do this properly)