We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to buy bike in Akko?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Place to buy bike in Akko?

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be living in Akko (northern Akko, near the Eli Cohen Garden on HaShita) for 10 months. The walk south to the Old City takes about 25 min on foot via Google Maps, but I'm hoping to buy a bike there to get around easier. Does anybody happen to know if there are bike shops in Akko or if biking is common in Akko?

Thanks so much.

Ben

kachal
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

I found 2 bike shops in Akko.

1. 18 Hertzel St. 04-9551288

2. 04-9917155 (Address isn't specified)

The streets of the old city are very narrow and crowded so I'm not sure it is very easy to ride a bike through them, but outside of the old city it should be fine.

kachal
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

(The second one is by Jezzar Mosque)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,414 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

Gp tp Ben-Ami street. There are many shops there and on one of the corners I remember a byke shop.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

Try to ensure that you have secure (preferably internal) facilities for storing your bike, both at home and wherever you intend going. Whilst a strong lock is a deterrent, bike (and parts of a bike) theft is quite common in Acre.

Mentioned in this post
Acre
Acre
Northern District, Israel
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

Thank you all so much for your advice. I will research all those places.

6. Re: Place to buy bike in Akko?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 18:15