We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updating Eldan car rental onine

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Updating Eldan car rental onine

Yesterday I made a car reservation with Eldan and would like to update it with some changes (type of car, insurance). But when I try to update it, I get a message that someone will be in touch with me in 24 hours. And so someone was, and I got a link to update. But that link only took me to a link that, again, told me someone would be in touch to update.

Is the only solution to cancel and rebook?

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,794 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

If you don't get a call you will probably need to contact them again. It says on their website that your booking isn't confirmed until you give them your credit card details. The phone call will have been to get your credit card details.

(We booked with Avis just a week or so ago and they phoned within two days.)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Yes, thanks Heather.

The Avis rep called back and we just had a very nice conversation and confirmed my reservation. We're old pals now, Avis and I. He did say that the website was a pain, and that not recognizing NJ as being in the United States was the least of it.

Moving right along...

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,794 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

The website sure is a pain. We tried to make a second reservation with them yesterday for another part of our trip and couldn't get any order to go through. Maybe they were working behind the scenes on the website to fix all their problems. :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,367 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Note for anyone reading Shawn's post. While you can not book full insurance ( no deductible) on line, you CAN pay for it when you rent the vehicle. I do not know if Shawn lost the internet discount or not by doing what he did!

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Thanks rdglady, I failed to mention that you can get the no deductible at the desk. I just wanted the full out the door price before I got there. And thanks for mentioning the internet discount, looks like i received it but will give a call to make sure.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,367 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Good luck with the discount! I hope they gave it to you ( they would be within their rights not to--since you did not book on the internet!)

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Called Eldan, and yes, did receive the 10% discount over the phone same as online. Very nice people nice people to work with there. If others book over the phone, may want to double check that you receive the discount, just in case.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,367 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Ummm, I think the online discount is 20% off the rental ( not off the insurance--regular and added) . Now online they do not break down what is insurance and what is rental but I just did a dummy booking and the discount came to 13%.

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Don't want to go on endlessly about this, but it does look like you save money if you book over the phone. Looking at the breakdown on my email from Eldan, I saved about $50 by booking on the phone rather then the internet. There is only a 10% discount over the phone, but the initial cost of the vehicle is less for some reason. The cost for no deductible is $245.00. If you should happen to have to pay a deductible, can be from $500 to $1100. Plan on doing a lot of driving, with the car sitting in a lot of parking lots. So I guess I'm betting something may happen. Also, unlimited miles on this rental, did notice some other rental companies had mileage limits.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,367 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Updating Eldan car rental onine

Just did a dummy booking with Eldan ( again!) when I subtract the extra insurance the online reservation is $10 MORE than the rate Shawn got! So, while it makes no sense--he is 100% correct.

BTW all of the rental companies are unlimited. Some have limits for 1 or 2 day rentals.

SHAWN-thank you for sharing. You gave enough information to really verify all the facts. ( and prove me wrong -:(-----but that is okay, accuracy is more important!)