We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv - J'lem train

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tel Aviv - J'lem train

Hi Pamela,

What a beautiful posting. I am from London originally but now live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia.

My partner and I are planning our 4th trip to Israel in June to celebrate his 70th birthday.

We thought to start off in TA arriving at 7.45 am on Sunday 23rd June and as we're travelling Business Class we hope to be reasonably well rested.

We hope to go to one or more museums in TA on the Sunday once we have freshened up and if we feel ok then hopefully meet up with some friends for lunch or dinner.

We plan to stay the night and then maybe visit another museum (of art this time) and then take a bus or the train to j'lem on the Monday.

Your amazing post really has made me feel quite differently re the train and I think we will definitely take it. But you wrote it in 2009 and I wonder if it is still as good?

We plan to spend two nights in J'lem and then go to Safed overnight. We may have to take a bus as there are few options that I know of otherwise on how to get there.

We're then going to meet up with friends and spend their joint birthdays in Tivon and then home - quite a shlepp but we are used to it.

Please let me know if you have returned and if the train ride is just as good now as it was then. Thank you again for a wonderful posting.

3 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv - J'lem train

Brenda,

If I understand your post correctly, you are addressing Pamela who posted in 2009. That is four years ago, and the chances that Pamela is following the thread are very slim.

Assuming you can see her picture with her name under it, click on her name and go to "send private message". You can write her a message and she will be alerted by e-mail. Either give her a link to your post or copy-and-paste your post into the private message.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv - J'lem train

Thank you for your advice. I think that despite Pamela's rave review, we may end up taking a bus. Shalom to you

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel Aviv - J'lem train

I'm assuming you've read my summary of bus vs. train on the other thread!

Have a great trip, and shalom to you too.

Reply to: Tel Aviv - J'lem train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted