We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ein Gedi Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ein Gedi Hostel

Hello -

Any information on the EIN GEDI YOUTH HOSTEL?

What is a DOUBLE ROOM there?

Can a couple sleep in it?

Eva

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

That's what a double room means. 2 beds.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

What is your question? Double means two people in two single beds as us standard in most lodgings in Israel.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,453 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Ein Gedi is a nice hostel - private rooms, exactly as I mentioned in the post on Jerusalem lodgings.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Why don't you contact the hostel directly and ask them ?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

"Why don't you contact the hostel directly and ask them ?"

They do not respond to emails! Ive sent several emails to the Ein Gedi, Massada, and Akko hostels as listed on www.iyha.org.il/eng/ and not one of them has responded.

Coppell, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Sorry to reply so late. I stayed at Ein Gedi hostel. Like most or all other Israel youth hostels the facility is superb in a hostel sense and standard. I stayed in a double room; more expensive but certainly worth not having to bunk with the numerous adolescents staying there for the night as a very large group of visitors of the same party. Rowdy is an understatement. Please pack your noise cancelling headphones when you intend to stay in Israel youth hostels during summer. If you're traveling by car like I did then you have a choice between Massada hostel and Ein Gedi hostel--take the Massada location. It has a swimming pool which alone was worth the stay at Massada, not to mention the hostel's proximity to the Massada fortress.

Coppell, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Reply to: "Why don't you contact the hostel directly and ask them ?"

They do not respond to emails! Ive sent several emails to the Ein Gedi, Massada, and Akko hostels as listed on www.iyha.org.il/eng/ and not one of them has responded.

I traveled in Israel in a rental car and stayed in hostels most of the time. I experienced trouble calling and arranging hostel accommodation from outside Israel. And every time I checked the hostel website they were always full. However, once I arrived in country and spoke directly with the hostels life was instantly simplified. The best way to ensure your next night's accommodation is to request your current hostel's reception to call ahead to the next destination and reserve for you. They may require credit card guarantee but for me it was great knowing I had somewhere to go at the end of each day. No searching and disappointments.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Regarding hostels in Israel, while it is possible to take a double room, taking a room fir six does not mean you share with strangers but rather that you have mire beds in the room There are very few dorm type rooms where yiu rent just a bed in hostels in Israel.

While you were lucky by making last minute reservations it is not recommended to travel like this, as there is more of a chance that there will not be a room than there will be. It's not worth the risk to go without reservations.

Chana

Israel

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

There is also a central phone number that cover all youth hostel booking in Israel.

+ 972-1-599-510-511

I would give it a try.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ein Gedi Hostel

Hostels are often filled, especially if groups are traveling. It is best to reserve in advance. The phone number Rimana_F gave is a good start. Service in Youth Hostels is not like in hotels. Pretty basic and you would be lucky to have someone return your email (or smile when you check in). Having said that, the rooms are pretty good. It looks like Ein Gedi has gone through a refurbish since the last time I stayed there and it looks fresh, though it was always clean. I stayed there many times over the years- the first time in 1975 (as a kid) and last stayed there a couple of years ago. The location is stunning. For food, check out the gas station/restaurant a couple of hundred meters to the south. The food is really good and they have take away that you can take back to your room at the hostel for a late night snack. There is no food available on site except for breakfast. (Unless things have recently changed).

Get answers to your questions about Ein Gedi