We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Jerusalem

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus to Jerusalem

Could help me - I would like to go to Jerusalem but don't know where to catch a sherut. It would be cool to not to go to the central station but get to Jerusalem from jaffa. Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

To get to Jerusalem to Jaffa, you have to get from Jaffa to either Tel Aviv's central bus station or Tel Aviv's Arlozorov bus terminal, which is situated next to "Tel Aviv central railway station" (aka "Savidor").

From Arlozorov you take bus #480, from Tel Aviv's central bus station you take bus #405. Both are direct buses to Jerusalem's central bus station.

Where are you exactly in Jaffa?

If departing from Yerushalayim avenue in Jaffa:

to Tel Aviv's Arlozorov terminal: buses #10, #40 and #240

to Tel Aviv's central bus station: buses #42, #142 and #83.

Buses do not run on Shabbat.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

Andrew,Egged bus #480 goes from Tel-Aviv Svidor - Merkaz train station to Jerusalem.

Egged #405 goes from the CBS. Check your options on this website bus.co.il/otobusim/Front2007/HomePage.asp…

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

Is Tel Aviv bus station in a bad area? I also plan on taking the bus to Jerusalem on my trip but I read it's in a shady/run down area of the city?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,264 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

There is no problem with the area of the CBS. The station is confusing but you csn always ask someone for help in finding the bus. From Jaffa its best to tske a bus (or sherut) from the CBS and not the more distant Savidor/Arlozoroff station.

Chana

Israel

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

Thank you for all of the great answers. Is sherut cheaper than a regular bus?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

No; sherut is usually a few shekels higher than a regular bus.

Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Jerusalem

For what it's worth, we just took the #480 bus from the Arlozorov Bus Station to Jerusalem and it was very easy. You will see a kiosk where people are buying tickets. Just line up and when the bus comes, they let on as many people as can fit on the bus. If you have luggage, you just stow it under the bus. If you can't get on one bus, the next one comes 10 minutes later. The buses are very nice, comfortable and air-conditioned. And the ride is only 19 NIS!

Reply to: Bus to Jerusalem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jaffa