We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rosh hanikra

Teaneck, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
rosh hanikra

If I am traveling with 4 kids 7-13 and want to go from tel aviv to rosh hanikra with a stop at cesaria and acco along the way, where would you suggest that we stay. Is kfar blum too far? I would be going from Sunday-Tuesday in August.

10 replies to this topic
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,994 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rosh hanikra

Kfar Blum is not a convenient place to stay for any of those sites - just look on the map! If you're planning also to head to the Kiryat Shmona/Kfar Blum area (and assuming you're in a rental vehicle), then I suggest you visit Caesaria on your way from Tel Aviv, overnight somewhere around Haifa and Akko, see Akko and Rosh HaNikra the next day, then continue on your journey over to Kfar Blum (you could also put Akko on day 1 but it will be a long hot day of touring; you could instead go to the beach after Caesaria or visit Haifa).

Edited: 12 February 2014, 15:06
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,325 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rosh hanikra

If you are just look for bed and breakfast try staying in Nahariya. THere are a couple of decent hotels and it is a nice small town with its' own atmosphere.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rosh hanikra

I echo Avigail's suggestion. Kfar Blum is about 80 KM east to the sea shore of Acre. Split your journey into two. First day Caesarea and Haifa with overnight in Acre (Youth hostel?) and Second day Acre and Rosh ha'Nikra.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 15:12
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rosh hanikra

Stay in Nahariya. Recently I stayed with kids at Frank hotel, a nice, clean simple hotel with family rooms (big enough for all of you). It is close to the beach and you can park on the sidewalk. Nice breakfast with very good pastries. The beach has playgrounds for the kids too.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rosh hanikra

By the way - you can buy combined tickets for Akko and Rosh Hanikra good for two days. Also buy (for a small fee) a map of Akko when buying the tickets in Akko.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,989 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rosh hanikra

Kfar Blum would be perfect. Since you can visit all those sites in one day and there is longer sunlight you can drive to Kfar Blum at the end of day one and continue your touring in the north at a very convenient place.

Another option is to stay one night in the Western Galilee like Nes Ammim and tho following night in Kfar Blum.

Chana

Israel

Teaneck, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: rosh hanikra

Thank you. I don't need to go to kfar Blum, we were there 2 years ago. I haven't been to rosh hanikra or Haifa area in years. If I am with kids would you suggest that I see cesaria and stay in Netanyahu one night and the go to Akko and rosh hanikra the next day and then stay in Haifa?

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,994 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rosh hanikra

You can try to stay at Netanyahu but I don't know whether he has a spare room :)

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,994 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rosh hanikra

Sorry, duplicate post from my stupid phone browser...

Edited: 12 February 2014, 18:53
israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rosh hanikra

Why Haifa? Where are you going after visiting the coast? You can go to Caseria and stay in Zichron Yaakov or Nachsholim. Nachsholim is on the beach and your kids can enjoy it.

But I suggest to visit Caseria, drive to Nahariya, stay there the night. Nahariya has a beautiful beach and playgrounds. The next day start early with Rosh Hanikra and avoid the August crowds. From there drive to Akko. Some of the sites in Akko are underground and cool and this will be a nice break from the heat outside.

Reply to: rosh hanikra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kfar Blum
Recent Conversations