We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost contact!

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lost contact!

I am looking for my lost friend, he live in Nahariya, his name is Yefim Svechnik, his 52 years old.

Please help me to locate my friend.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,449 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost contact!

Do you speak Hebrew?

Haifa
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost contact!

I've searched the phonebook - there is no one with such name (or even with Yefim as the first name) in Nahariya..

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost contact!

juliajudith, if the person happens to rent a place, he might be using the landloard's phone line, which means he won't necessarily be listed in the phonebook.

One main question is whether this friend actually lives in Nahariya, or is it somewhere close to it. Maybe he even moved to a completely different place, and you don't even know.

Another thing is whether he uses a different name (maybe a Hebrew name) here in Israel. Also there are a few ways to spell his last name in Hebrew. I was trying to search using 4 different ways of spelling, but didn't succeed.

So fedwood87, if you have any additional details that might help - please provide them so that we'll be able to try and locate that friend for you.

Haifa
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost contact!

Sure, he can rent a place, but the 144 phonebook site lists also all the mobile phone numbers that people hold..

There are not many options of spelling Yefim in Hebrew (Svechnik is another story), however he may have hebraised his name, becoming Chaim - and there are A LOT of Chaims in Israel :-)

The name seems to be one belonging to an immigrant from the former Soviet Union. If it's so, I'd advise fedwood87 to visit some Russian-language Israelian forum and ask the question there.

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost contact!

Thank you for all your help so far.

I don't have much information, but I know that his date of birth is 8/3/1956, wife name is Ella and daughters name is Alla.

The only reason I think he is in Nahariya is I found his name on a website for former school friends, and it said Nahariya for his city, but he has not logged onto that website in 6 months, so i'm not sure now.

Thanks again

happy passover to everyone

6. Re: Lost contact!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 08:37
Get answers to your questions about Nahariya