We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nazareth to Amman

Kos
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Nazareth to Amman

Most of the threads deal with Amman to Israel, but we are going the other way around...we travel from Eilat to Nazareth and then have to go to Amman for our flight home.....I think there is a bus 4 times a week from Nazareth to Amman, but will we be able to buy our visa on the border. And is there really a bus from Nazareth to Amman because someone else on another forum says this bus does not exist...confused.com.....any help would be gladly received. oh and what is the weather like in Nazareth area end of February....cold or very very cold...

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Nazareth - Amman

Please note—you must call in advance to book a ticket for this bus! Call Nazarene Tours at 04-601-0458. (+972-4-601-0458)

The bus leaves across the street from the Bank of Jerusalem, about 2 km west from the Fauzi Azar Inn on Paulus VI St., past a large roundabout (near the Basilica) and just past a large junction (HaPikkod).

Cost: 75 NIS

Duration: 5 Hours

Other Costs: Exit tax from Israel, Entry/Exit taxes for Jordan

Amman to Nazareth

*Departures from Amman from Gardens Hotel

Sat., Sun., Tues., Thurs.: 14:00

Mon., Wed., Fri.: No Service

Nazareth to Amman

*Departures from Nazareth (HaPikkod Junction)

Sat., Sun., Tues., Thurs.: 8:30

Mon., Wed., Fri.: No Service

You MUST call and see if they are operating and to book your ticket in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 17 June 2012, 21:03
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Assuming that the bus travels to the Beit Shean crossing you will pay the visa fee there before crossing over. When you call the bus company ask them this and all other pertinent questions. Remember to have at least 8 hours between your departure from Nazareth and your flight - or just spend the night in Amman before your flight.

Chana

Israel

Kos
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Thanks for all the information will jot it all down..and ring from Eilat....hopefully there will be no changes..and I am spending 3 days in Amman before flying back to the uk.....

Kos
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nazareth to Amman

oh and how will the weather be in mid to end february....

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nazareth to Amman

The weather will be more or less like Greece. Maybe a bit sunnier.

Groningen, The...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Hello Christinefromkos!

I'm curious to hear whether you managed to make the above mentioned trip and what your experiences are. We are planning the same trip later this month.

Hope to hear from you!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nazareth to Amman

There is a good chance that the OP is no longer following the forums. I suggest you send them a PM (private message) - click on their screen name and then look for a link "send message" on the left hand side of the screen.

They will get an email letting them know they have a message - you have a much better chance of a response that way.

Kos
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Hi, The original post was mine, and I still have not made the journey yet...I am in Sharm at the moment and we are going up to Eilat on Saturday then Jerusalem and to Nazareth and then over to Amman so I am going to ring the number when we are in Eilat....so the journey willbe made on Saturday...23rd February, so hopefully it is still going....will update once we have done the journey....someone did pm after she did the journey...and it went all the plan but it was a few months ago...

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,081 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nazareth to Amman

Would love to hear from christine how well this service worked. Which border crossing did the bus use?

SWT

Edited: 02 March 2013, 15:27
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nazareth to Amman

The bus uses the northern border-crossing - "Jordan River" / "Sheikh Hussein".

Get answers to your questions about Nazareth