We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nazareth on holiday

Which Nazareth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
nazareth on holiday

hi everybody,

i plan to visit nazareth and the galilee / capernaum area at the end of september. exactly on 25.09./26.09. so this will be holiday simchat tora in israel. does anyone know about daily life during this days in nazareth area??

i know itś more an arabien population city. but maybe everything will be close and quite, no market... like on other holidays.

hope somebody of you has expierences with it?! i couldn't find anything in the web;-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nazareth on holiday

Most things in Nazareth will be normal, but travel may be a problem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nazareth on holiday

Everything in Nazareth will be open, but as samd says there is no public transport on that day.

If you want to rent a car you will need to do it on the morning of September 25 because car rental offices, like other businesses, will close at about 1 or 2 p.m. on that day (and reopen on Friday September 27, when they will again be open only in the morning).

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nazareth on holiday

Capernahume is about 50 KM away to the east from Nazareth.

Seems that there is no direct bus to Capernahume area at all.

On 25th September there will be public transportation until early afternoon. On 26th September only taxis.

May I suggest to concentrate either in Nazareth or north part of Lake of Galilee (Capernahume area)

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nazareth on holiday

ohhh great. thx a lot for the fast reply. i plan to rent a car early morning on 25.09. untill 27.09. itś difficult to manage all of plans with holidays and shabbat hours. but i will think of it.

are there any recommendations, insider advice about the area? must seen tips of see genezareth? i only know tiberias, arbel, capernaum ( churches )..

something special??

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nazareth on holiday

Tabgha, Mt. of the Beatitudes, boat at Kibbutz Ginosar, Kursi and Hamat Tiberias to name a few sites around the Sea of Galilee.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nazareth on holiday

My favorite in this area is the Majrasa (Daliot estuary) - beautiful walk in the water.

You can also try kayaking @ Abukayak 04-6921078

And why not horseback riding @ Vered Haglil near by 04-6935785

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nazareth on holiday

Thank you very much guys!!

:D

8. Re: nazareth on holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Nazareth