We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

Keokuk, Iowa
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

I will be in Netanya in mid March. I am staying just south of most of the beach hotels and want to go see something outdoors at the Netanya Academic College before my tour that starts about 830 am. In the states I take uber or lyft. I am not going to be staying by a main street, so hailing a taxi isn't a great option. What is the best way to get a car or ride, for 3 people, to go about 7 to 9 km, wait for us 15 minutes to take a few photos, and then take us back to the place we are staying? And probably about 700 am on that Monday. Is their a phone ap like Uber? Or some other way?

Mentioned in this post
Netanya
Netanya
Central District, Israel
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,908 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

You call one of the taxi companies. Since you are not going until March, I'll ask my driver, next week! There is usually a charge for waiting. BTW when you say you are south of most of the beach hotels, which ones, the ones on Gad Machnes, or the Ramada Hotel and Island Suite hotel. I don't know which ones you are calling beach hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya
Ramada Hotel and Suites...
517 Reviews
Netanya, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

Are you staying in a private apartment? Just phone and order a taxi. Are you staying in a hotel? Ask the front desk to order a taxi.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,908 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

mbgg--Netanya is full of flat fares. You can usually do much better with them. That is why I said, I'd talk to my driver.

Mentioned in this post
Netanya
Netanya
Central District, Israel
Keokuk, Iowa
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

Thanks.. I will just ask at hotel desk.. I dont have the hotel name right with me.. more curious if GETT or another cashless system works here.

Do they take US dollars or should I exchange some for NIS before the ride, or do the taxis take credit cards?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

GETT is not a cashless system for the one-time passenger. You will have to pay cash, in shekels. You have to get shekels anyways because you cannot always use dollars for cash; some places won't accept them while others will give a terrible exchange rate. Either withdraw shekels from an ATM (check the frees with your credit card company or bank) or change cash at one of the many licensed change stores (no commission).

6. Re: Taxi or other ride? from beach hotel to Netanya Academic Co

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2018, 22:18