We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

We will be spending next weekend in Netanya as a base to visit Caesarea, and I am wondering if people know of any restaurants that might be open in Netanya on Friday evening/Saturday.

Thanks,

Susan

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Mojo on Giborei Israel 17

Alpina on Gad Machnes 2

Japanika on Giborei Israel 5

I cannot personally vouch for any of them, however, all come highly recommended.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

HI! I live in Netanya 1/2 the year. I do not eat non-Kosher so, like Chana, can't personally vouch for any restaurants.

I can say that Alpina--I have never seen anyone in it.( it is one of the places that you wonder how it stay open) Giborei Israel street is in the New Industrial Zone. That is way out of town.

The main non-Kosher restaurant, open on the Sabbath seem to be a place called London. Located in the center of town, on Herzl Street I have never seen it less than crowded. ( this includes days when other restaurants are open.) It seems to have a wide menu and seems to be clean and appetizing ( from when I walk by) Herzl is the main street in the center of town. I do not know the restaurant's number but is is West of Dizengoff--so you are only talking within a two bock range. There is a second meat restaurant right off of Dizengoff on Rav Kook street. ( 1 block from London) It too is non-Kosher and I think is open 7 days a week. London I am positive of!

Any other Netanya questions--feel free to ask.

Ed. to add: There is now a 7 day mini- market open in town. It is good for drinks, snacks and I think sandwich fixings. It is right on Kikar Ha'atzma'ut ( Independence Square) and David Hamelech! --( near the fountain, same side as damaged buildings but closest to beach side!)--this WILL make sense when you are there!! -:)

Edited: 09 October 2011, 02:59
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for your help! I've read about Cafe London, so we may try that. We cam also try our hotel (thje Margoa).

Susan

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Most of the restraunts on the promenade are opened 7 days a week.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Lonely_Traveler-

As a part time resident of Netanya ( since 1992) I must disagree with you. Most of the restaurants ( there aren't that many) on the promenade are NOT open 7 days a week. The Alpina, which backs onto the promenade is one of the few. Also open are the restaurants on the beach--but they aren't fancy and require going down, across sand to the beach!

Misha, if you are staying at the Margoa you are a 5 minute walk from London ( and the center of town)Just walk out of the hotel, turn right and follow your nose to the Kikar. Also, ( not on the Sabbath) on the ground floor of your hotel is now Miriams restaurant. They serve typical mid-Eastern food and start the meal with unlimited salads. They were in one of the damaged buildings on the Kikar ( Square) and moved to the Margoa. If she isn't crowded it is more a result of her new location than anything else.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Thanks - We ate at London, and it was quite good. You are certainly right, RDG Lady, about the buildings on the promenade - not one was open except Alpina, and that did not look appealing (and it was indeed empty!)

Susan

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for getting back Susan.It is always nice to know that your information was appreciated, used and accurate.

Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Hello,

We are coming to Netanya in March on a Saturday. Are the car rental places open in the Airport? Also, where is this market that is open 7 days a week?

Thank in advance!

Vciktorya

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,446 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

You may wish to start your own thread with this question, as it is unrelated tot he topic of this thread.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

HI! --All the rental offices are open on Saturday at the airport. Make sure you reserve in advance. ( cheaper that way too)

The market I referred to is a very small market-- It is located on the Kikar ( Independence Square) It is on the North East corner. --

There will be other places open Saturday night! Where are you staying in Netanya?

Edited: 23 November 2011, 01:58