We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Hotel Orit

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Hotel Orit

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with Hotel Orit located on 21 Hen Blvd. I did not find reviews on this on TA. I found this hotel as a recommendation in a book, "Let's Go Israel," a student travel guide.

Thanks,

Ana

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

The hotel has 7 rooms, location is fine and has 2 stars. I found a website but only in German (?). It has some pictures though. http://www.hotelorit.com/

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,466 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

I'm not familiar with this hotel either, however, if you go to their website there is a tab at the top right for English - just click on the British flag.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

The English tab dose not work :( but for one night i might be fine. There is still the question of parking.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

Although I live part time in Netanya I know nothing about this hotel. Checking its' location on the map--you are far enough away from the center of town--and the beach that, with some effort, you should be able to find open street parking. (parking you do not have to pay for, ie. is not blue and white)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,466 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

Not sure why the English tab didn't work for Shoshi, it worked for me. It may be a question of which browser you use.

In any case, looks like it should be OK for one night.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

Too late to edit--Remind me when you are going. I may wander by next week and see what it is about! ( if you are going/coming to Israel in enough of the future to make it worthwhile)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

We are four adults (in our 50's visiting Israel for the first time) flying in to Tel Aviv on Friday, November 9th, 2012. Easy Jet flight arrives about 4pm (may be 4:30pm as my friend booked it). We'll rent a car from the airport and drive to Netanya.

Thank you again!

Ana

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

The website is actually in Swedish, and the photo shows a Swedish flag, so I guess the hotel is going for the Swedish market!

It claims to be 8-10 minutes on foot from the city center, with airconditioning and free internet.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

Thank you for your comments. I've sent them an email regarding parking availability and hope to hear from them soon. Their room prices look reasonable; I just hope it's located in a safe area.

~Ana

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts on Hotel Orit

While I am not familiar with the hotel I did check its' location on the map. The area is totally safe, I have friends who aren't that far away and I would walk there alone, at night with out a second thought. I would say more like 10-15 minutes to city center. Hopefully I should have it checked out by July 31 the latest and odds are sometime next week.