We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

Which Netanya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
26 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

I read that there is a direct train from Ben Gurion airport to Netanya. I checked the schedule from Israel Railways for the time of my arrival ( 11:00 a.m.on a Thursday) and it shows there is a need to change trains and wait 1/2 hour. I did that last time, and it involved way to much shlepping luggage. Are there any sheruts from the airport to netanya? The airport shuttle vans seem pricey since we are only two people travelling.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,686 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

No sherut from the airport to Netanya.

You can take the train to Tel Aviv and a bus to Netanya. In any case you'll have to schlep luggage.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,026 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

There's no schlepping of luggage involved if you simply change trains, waiting on the same platform - and it will be the same platform if you change at Tel Aviv Hagana station (the first stop after the airport). Changing anywhere else, or going partly by train and partly by bus, doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever and does indeed involve schlepping luggage.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,824 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

The only time the train between Netanya and the airport is non-stop is late at night and in the wee hours of the morning. There "may" be an advantage to switching between the train to the bus depending upon where exactly in Netanya you are going. Arriving at the train station is a definite taxi. Arriving at the bus station, you may be walking distance from your final location ( or it may be on the bus route ) So, exactly where are you staying in Netanya?

Chennai
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

As others mentioned above, direct trains from Ben-Gurion to Netanya station is available only till 5 AM in the morning. If you can tell the place where you want to go then it will be helpful for others to suggest a easier route.

Since I've taken the same trip (Ben Gurion to Netanya ) once, I found the journey comfortable in train.

From Ben-Gurion we can take tickets to Netanya, get down at Tel-Aviv university and then you will get into

the next train in same or near-by platform.

If your place is not near to Train station in Netanya then you can take Taxi or bus.

ottawa
Level Contributor
26 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

Well we did the trip, Got to the platform to take the first train to Netanya and it was pulling away. waited 40 minutes for the next one. then once we got off in Tel Aviv waited another 40 minutes for the next one. the only good thing was when we arrived in Netanya there were many taxis waiting not like the last time where we seemed to wait a long time for a taxi. All in all it was not that bad but after an overnight flight you like to make life as simple as possible.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,824 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

As a part time resident of Netanya I was taken aback and surprised by your report of a 40 minute wait for the connecting train. I just went through an entire day's schedule to figure out what was going on.

What i learned is that there is one (1) train--the one that leaves the airport at 2059 that then requires a 40 minute wait. ALL the trains before that have waits ranging from 25 minutes to 5 minutes. After that, while the trains only run once an hour --they are non-stop without changing. Unfortunately you hit the worst ride of the day.

While my post may not be any solace for you--it will hopefully assuage the fears of anyone contemplating a similar journey.

7. Re: taking the train from ben gurion to netanya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 19:15