We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

Red Oak, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

Am arriving Sat. Dec. 28, 2013 in late afternoon. Need transportation to Ramada Netanya.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

Sheruts do run on Shabbat. Locals will answer more about taking a sherut to Netanya, but the Sabbath has begun in Israel, and some will not be on line until it ends.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

No sherut from the airport to Netanya on Saturday or during the weekdays. You should take a taxi from the official taxi stand. If the train starts working (it does not work now from the airport) you can take the train to Netanya and a taxi from there to your hotel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

But the train does not run on Shabbat, does it, Shoshi?

Douglas Duckett

P.S. And thanks for correcting my information.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,733 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

The train does not run on the Shabbat. AND, as a part time Netanya resident I can affirm what Shoshi said, there are NEVER Sherut from TLV to Netanya. On the Sabbath the only way is to take a taxi.

If the trains are working ( due to problems from weather) There should be a train at 7:30 PM. Depending upon what time you get in--you may opt to wait.

Red Oak, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

Thank you for info. Do you know how much it might cost for a taxi from Ben Gurion to Netanya Ramada?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,515 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

The official rate on Shabbat for a taxi from the airport to anywhere in Netanya is 325 shekels, with a small surcharge of a few shekels for luggage.

In case you're wondering about public transport: Depending on what time your flight arrives and what time you're out of the airport you might want to wait for the first train, at 19:31, involving a change of trains in Tel Aviv and arriving in Netanya at 20:32. However, it's a fair distance from the railway station in Netanya to the hotels - too far to walk with luggage - and you'd want to take a taxi from there.

Also, note that the railway line from the airport to Tel Aviv is currently closed because of flooding. Whether it will reopen by next weekend is anyone's guess. Meanwhile there are shuttle buses from the airport to Lod station, from where you can pick up the same train to Netanya (leaving Lod at 19:45). I would not recommend this for a visitor. Not that it's unsafe or anything, but it's rather inconvenient, and Lod station at night can be rather cold and a bit depressing - it could well be raining. And the snack bar won't be open at night.

I am keeping an eye on the Israel Railways website, and as soon as I see that trains to the airport are running, I'll post on this forum. Meanwhile, just take a taxi from the airport. In the wider scheme of things I'm sure you'll agree it's worth it.

Red Oak, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I'm not keen on the railway, so believe we will bite the bullet and take the taxi. Again, thank you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,515 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

You're welcome. Have a great trip.

9. Re: Sheruts on Saturday from Ben Gurion to Netanya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 21:15