We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family stay in Rosh Pina

Which Rosh Pina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
family stay in Rosh Pina

Our family of 4 wants to stay in Rosh Pina for a few nights, in June, and use it as a base for visiting some places in the Galil. We have seen good recommendations for Villa Tehila and for Pina B'Lev. Which of these would be a better choice? Or is there another place in Rosh Pina you would suggest instead? Thanks.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

Check first if they are "couples only". Some of he B&B do not cater for kids.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

I'm going to suggest you consider this place:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297762-d153…

Here's why. First, the top review, which was very positive, is from someone who also stayed at and gave positive reviews to Hotel De La Mer in Tel Aviv and iBike in Mitzpeh Ramon. Having stayed at Hotel De La Mer and seen iBike, I trust the review.

Second, a recent poster, travelbug44, was also looking for a place for a family of four in Rosh Pina for an upcoming stay, and decided on this place, partially based on what she said was a reasonable price compared to other places.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

We stayed in Villa Tehilla few years ago and it was great. The place is beautiful and very well maintained. As far as I know, they have at least one "family" room, but I would still give them a call to make sure.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

Oops, the link I posted will work, but the truncation left the name of the place off the post itself.

It's called Berosh Shaket.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

Rosh Pinna is not the ideal place for families with kids in my opinion. I would choose soemthing closer to the sea of galilee, like Vered haGalil or Kfar Bloom.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

Vered Ha-Galil and Kfar Blum are not on the sea shore, and Rosh Pina is not that far from the Kinneret. Rosh Pina will probably be cheaper for a family of 4. It is such a lovely place too. What I do like about Kfar Blum is that a stream of the Dan runs thru the kibbutz and one can swim there. The water is ice cold all year round as it comes from the Hermon.

Edited: 12 February 2010, 07:19
USA
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

If we stay in Rosh Pina but want to visit the kinneret shore for a swim, what would be a good place to do that? Is it possible to rent a small boat to go around the kinneret?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

Villa Tehila is great. I stayed there with my 12 year old son three years ago. Lovely owner (not much English, however) who connected us with a great guide who took us around the north for a day.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

I'd definitely recommend Pina B"Rosh, prices are good, rooms are all different from each other (converted stables) with interesting small details.

Breakfasts are outstanding and the family atmosphere is very welcoming.

Stayed there a few times now and never bored.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
174 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family stay in Rosh Pina

We (family of 4) very much enjoyed our stay at Berosh Shaket in Rosh Pina a few weeks ago. Very reasonably priced compared to these other places, and the guy who runs it is absolutely wonderful. There are four very private cabins, set in a lovely garden full of edible herbs, flowers, etc. The breakfast, which is brought to the cabin in a basket and which you eat on your porch, is delicious. The reviews of this place on TA are very accurate. I will mention that the cabin is a bit tight on the inside, but it does work for 4 people. There is a private bedroom and a fold-out futon-style bed in the small living room.

We saw (from the outside) the fancier B&B's mentioned above and they look lovely--but they would have been two or three times the price we paid. Berosh Shaket is in the "lower" part of the town, which is not nearly as appealing as the "upper" part, but once you are in the cabin and the garden, you would never notice. The location is perfect for exploring the area, as we did.

We ate dinner at Pina B'Rosh by the way and had a wonderful meal in a great setting. Also recommend a cafe called Chocolata, which has light meals (salads, soups, casseroles, etc.) as well as amazing desserts and drinks.

Get answers to your questions about Rosh Pina