We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Which Safed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast
Level Contributor
71 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

After a bit of reseach, I get the impression that there are better places to have dinner than in Tzfat. We will have a car and are willing to travel. The three places that caught my attention are Bat Ya'ar Ranch, Auberge Shulamit in Rosh Pina, and Decks in Tiberias. Bat Ya'ar in closest, but apparently tricky to get to and from at night. Decks would be the farthest away. Assuming that we have the time and can navigate successfully, I'm wondering which of the three would be the best choice for a "special" evening. Yes, we will have a GPS. Or, in the alternative, would we be better off staying in Tzfat and, if so, where should we go? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,264 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

There is no reason to leave the general Zfat area. Rosh Pina is very close but there are also some nice places in Zfat that you could eat at. Such as Seuda b'Gan Eden on Mt. Cnaan and La Marjolaine on HaGdud Hashlisi. If you are set on going out of Zfat I recommend Roberg in Livnim overlooking the Sea of Galilee just before Tiberias and easy to get to. Excellent food and great view.

Chana

Israel

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Auberge Shulamit, which is only about 15 minutes away in Rosh Pina, is my favorite restaurant in Israel.

Douglas Duckett

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

I agree with Douglas. A. Shulamit is worth the 15 minute drive.

Try to get a table prior to sunset. The view over the Hula Valley is stunning.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,745 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Let me disagree on Auberge Shulamit. I was there 2 months ago, the view is tunning, te dinner was so:so. I was really looking forward to eat there, we let the waitress recommend and the outcome was mediocre. First course was fantastic, second was a flop.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Hmmmm....I'm disappointed to hear that. i hope it's not a trend that they are following.

Northeast
Level Contributor
71 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

We've requested a reservation at Auberge Shulamit. Although arriving before sunset would mean an early dinner, it seems like it would be worthwhile. Should we ask for a specific area for the table or does that not make much difference?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

I have only sat by the window or near them so I do not know if there are any back rooms.

If possible request a window table.

Tzfat
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

For anyone else who's interested, HaAri 8 (http://www.haari8.com/) opened about a year ago and has great reviews. It's on the edge of the Old City, on HaAri Street (near the bus station) and serves a meat menu. People have told me that they really liked it.

Sharon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Just came back from Tsfat and had a great experience at a new restaurant Aharale's on Jerusalem Street. We ate there 4 times and each time it was delicious, service was great and the place was very clean. I highly recommend it.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,745 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in Tzfat: Dinner where?

Irschreib - you forgot to mention that you own the restaurant - ha ha ha! 4 times???