We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

Which Safed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

I want to take The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor" hiking tour and I see that its available with many companies and price range is very broad. Is anybody familiar with Qterra.org company or israelextreme.com ? Any recommendations?

israel
Destination Expert
for Mitspe Ramon
Level Contributor
692 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

This adventure includes rappelling and is a tricky but fun experience. To do this you should be fairly fit, a fair swimmer and ready for a long day that is suitable for the above average hiker.

To do this safely the company taking you should have licenced rappelling instructors and at least 2 instructors on the outing so that they are able to handle any misshaps such as an instructor becomming incapcitated by something as simple and silly as a sprained ankle or worse.

Apart from the price you should be looking at their plans for the day, how many staff, the staff to participant ratio and their insurace policy - the policy itself will be an indicator of the company's reliabilty experience and size.

Adam

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,299 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

I have not used either group but I have heard of Israelextreme and have heard positive things.

By all means, after you do this excursion please throw a trip report up here so we can hear about it.

Dr. Z

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

I will

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

Can you recommend a company?

Safed
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

i also know people who have done the Israel Extreme tours and been very pleased.

6. Re: Re: The Black Gorge - "Nakik Shahor"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 18:21