We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tsfat on shabbat

NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
tsfat on shabbat

I am staying in tiberias with my family but would like to go to tsfat for shabbt

services. we are not Shomer Shabbos. is it acceptable to drive to tsfat for services and drive out on shabbat as well? we want to get a taste for the culture on shabbat. otherwise, where would you recommend if we are staying In tiberias? thanks.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tsfat on shabbat

The services in Safed are strict Orthodox, is this what you are looking for?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tsfat on shabbat

"is it acceptable to drive to tsfat for services and drive out on shabbat as well? "

Acceptable to whom -- God? The residents of Tzfat? I'm not qualified to address the former, but don't worry about latter. Just be discreet and respectful about it.

NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tsfat on shabbat

no I was looking for conservative

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tsfat on shabbat

Not is Safed or Tiberius. Conservative you'll find in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Raanana and several other bigger places. I do not recommend driving into Safed on a Saturday, you get hurt or anything but the town is closed down, nothing will be open.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,538 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tsfat on shabbat

According to the website of the Masorti Movement in Israel (=Conservative) there is a community in Tsfat called Kehillat Shalva but they only meet for services on holidays.

As far as wandering around Tsfat to see the sites, almost everything will be closed on Shabbat, so not the best day to visit there.

6. Re: tsfat on shabbat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 22:15