We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

brooklyn
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

I am driving from Tel Aviv to Tiberias in May. What is the time to drive{approximate] the distance & the best routes? Also upon arriving what are the don't miss things to see & do considering the time constraints? Thank you in advance

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Sacred Jewish Sites Tour from...
from US$175.00*
Free Cancellation
Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee Day...
180 Reviews
from US$98.00*
Free Cancellation
Private Tour: Nazareth, Tiberias and...
6 Reviews
from US$107.56*
Free Cancellation
20 replies to this topic
Israel
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
567 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Wow. Not enough information.

The best route and time is to use waze or google maps.

To answer the other question, you need to reveal why you chose there & what your interests are

Edited: 27 August 2017, 00:35
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,139 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Tel Aviv to Tiberias is close to a 2 hour drive nonstop but could be longer depending on traffic. I agree to consult with Google maps online to check for best route and driving time. Be sure to check when it is the hour you plan to leave in Israel (i. e. 1a.m.EST for 8 a. m. departure Israel time). There is very little to see/do in Tiberias but lots on the way and nearby. Do you want hikes, religious sites,museums, etc?

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

I suggest not to overnight in Tiberias. It will be a disappointment. Instead check Nof Genosar or any B&B in Rosh Pina. On the way you can stop at many places such as a winery in Zichron Yaacov, archeological park in Zippori, Kfar Kedem in Hosha'aya.

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Rosh Pina
Rosh Pina
Northern District, Israel
Kfar Kedem
Kfar Kedem
120 Reviews
Nazareth, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

I love the experience of the circuit around the lake, which is a full day when you include stops at the interesting sites. But that includes sites of interest primarily to Christians -- is that what you are interested in? Or there are lots of sites of natural interest -- the Arbel cliffs or Tel Dan and Banias to the north. Tell us more and we can more helpfully guide you.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Tel Dan
Tel Dan
171 Reviews
Galilee, Israel
London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Giora why is Tiberias a disappoitnment? It has been suggested to me as a place to stay for half my trip and Jerusalem the remainder. I'm Christian and this is my first visit to Israel.

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Tiberias isn't an attractive town. There are more beautiful places near the lake where you can base yourselves for touring Christian sites. Vered HaGalil is one. Kibbutz Nof Ginosar is also recommended. You'd be advised to select another base.

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,139 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Tiberias is a city which missed its heyday. It is a great location for touring the north, has water sports options, some nice places to eat and fantastic views of the Sea of Galilee. If you want to stay in a city, no problem. If you prefer a more rural place you can stay in a Kibbutz guesthouse. If you are using public transportation stay in Tiberias for better transportation accessibility. If you are driving, it is irrelevant where you stay as you have a car. The kibbutz hotels have programs in the evening, like those in Tiberias. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Sea of Galilee
Sea of Galilee
1,985 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

Thanks so much Chana and Jebus. We'll have a car for this portion of our trip. I'll post furthe ron my thread.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
7,134 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

The local people never seem to like Tiberias but I have always enjoyed staying there.

The hotels mentioned on this thread are quite a bit more expensive than some that are quite acceptable in Tiberias, so that's another consideration.

Tiberias is a bit of a bottleneck but they had altered the road system there on our last trip and it was much better.

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
558 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
London, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.

If one has a car so not tied to proximity to public transport what other areas offer good value for money to see Christian relevant sites in the north?

Reply to: One & a half days in the Tiberias area.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted