We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiberias

Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Tiberias

I know it's going to be hot in August.

I am looking for a hotel on or near the lake that has beach access. Any suggestions ? I have found Scot Hotel, is that the only one with a beach ? Thought one night would be okay >

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiberias

Scots Hotel is great, but have you considered higher-elevation, cooler towns to stay in nearby? It's hellish being more than 200 meters below sea level then.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,938 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiberias

The Scots Hotel is historic and lovely but they are a few blocks in from the shore of the Sea of Galilee and they don't have a beach. They do have a pool.

If you are set on staying in Tiberias, there are other hotels on the beach - but I second Doublas' question - is there a special reason you want to spend the night in Tiberias? It will be very hot and the temps will not ease up at night. If you stay in the area, but at a higher elevation, the evening and night temps will be much more pleasant.

Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiberias

There is no special reason for wanting to stay in Tiberias, just thought it was a good location for touring the North and enjoy the lake also. I am now looking into is it Rosh Pina ? Seems to have all B& B's . Any suggestions for a Kibbutz guest house . Would that be better. I was a volunteer hum 40 years ago, might be fun to spend the night as a guest. My husband has never been to Israel .

Galilee
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiberias

Rosh Pina beautiful, old town, historical. Nice b&b - also hotel at Kibutz Lavi - nice place.

Tiberias ok location - but very, very hot and humidity.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiberias

Staying in a kibbutz guesthouse is a much better idea. As has been mentioned, Kibbutz Lavi hotel is nice. And so are Kfar Giladi, Hagoshrim and Kfar Blum.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,021 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiberias

If you are interested in a beach the hotel at Kibbutz Ginosar has beach access directly from the hotel. There are several other hotels around the sea such as Ein Gev, Rimonim Mineral and Hof Gai which have direct beach access from the hotel.

Chana

Israel

South Africa
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiberias

I stayed at the Scots hotel in June. it is really nice!! I must be honest, we went on a tour of the kibbutz on the opposite side of the lake and it did not seem great by comparison, but that was only 1 kibbutz. I am sure others are better. Also, I do not remember seeing any nice "beaches" around the lake at all. just small pebbly areas which seemed terrible, so I would opt for a place with a nice pool instead. views of lake from scots hotel are lovely even though not directly on the shore side. However, June was more temperate so oyur concerns of heat are valid

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiberias

There is a hostel, Karei Deshe, about 5-10 minutes drive north of Tiberias, that is right on the shore. I've stayed there a couple of times, quite adequate, clean, friendly staff. Never thought to stay there in the summer, though, for the reasons you've already read.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiberias

Any particular reason why nobody mentioned Nof Ginosar? it is in kibbutz Ginosar and right on the lake.

Edited: 23 July 2011, 12:22
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tiberias

I don't recommend Nof Ginosar in the summer precisely because it's right down there on the lake where it's blazing hot right now. In August, it's better to situate yourself at a bit of a higher elevation.

Get answers to your questions about Tiberias