We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for things to do in December

Which Tiberias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for things to do in December

Hello Trip Advisors,

Hope I'm posting in the right forum for this information.

We'll be visiting the north last week in December 2012. I've never been in Israel that time of year. We'll be staying at a tzimmer in Moshav Ramot four nights to visit family-so while we're there would like to do some sightseeing and of course we'll have a car to get around. Here are some ideas we have so far, so can you comment on these and offer more suggestions that woud be good that time of year? We are two middle aged adults, active and in good shape.

DeKarina Chocolate Factory

Mount Bental

Hamat Gadar

Goat cheese farm(but don't remember the names)

Hula Nature reserve

A jeep tour (if not too muddy, rainy)

(we visited Tel-Dan and Banias last time we were there a couple years ago.)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

All hotels offer vegetarian meals. Vered Hagalil is not located near anywhere and therefore if you plan on eating after dropping off the guide I would opt for Amirim or a hotel in Tiberias where there are many vegetarian restaurants to choose from and no car required.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

Have you discussed your needs with your guide. Part of his/her services should be helping you find a place to stay.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

Due to the wonderful suggestions, I am considering spending a night in the Teveriah/Safed/Golan area. this wil be in mid-january. Going with 4 young children. I will have a car. Any suggestions on where to stay? Also woudl appreciate ideas on how to schedule an itinerary.

Appreciate any and all advice

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

Winter in the area can be a bit nasty weather wise. January is the coldest and rainiest month of the year and therefore I suggest planning not only outdoor activities but also indoor ones. I would like to suggest Ein Gev which is a great access point to the Golan Heights, which may get snowed in and thus you will tour other areas of the north.

In the Golan there is the Talmudic Village in Katzrin and the De Karina Chocolate workshop which are great for young kids. In the Hula Valley you can hike in Tel Dan, even in the rain. Visit the trout farm on Kibbutz Dan and the diary farm on Moshav Beit Hillel. There is also the cable car from Kiryat Shmona to Manara which is fun for the entire family.

Chana

Israel

florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

Thank you for all your suggestions. We are trying figure out where to stay other than Vered Hagalil. we have considered Rosh Pina, also around Lake Kinnerer Ginnossar or Maagan any thoughts on those?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

carrieflorida - start your own thread and indicate when is your trip.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

Carrieflorida to start your own thread, first delete this post by pressing on Report inappropriate content, then on the pop-down menu select remove my post. Then go to the top and press on ask a question and re-post your question.

Chana

Israel

farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

We just spent the last three days in the North and here are the highlights of what we ended up doing (in between seeing our new grand-daughter.)

Day I-Visited Hamat Gadar-enjoyed the natural hot springs pool and the alligator farm. Had lunch at their Asian themed restaurant in between.

Day II- Went to Mount Bental, and DeKarina Chocolate factory. As a chocolate lover the tour was fun and we liked the chocolate workshop. We drove to Rosh Pina for dinner and ate Shiri Bistro-our 2nd time there and just as delicious as we remembered from last time.

Day III-Took the safari ride at Agamon Ha Hula. This is worth a visit to see the cranes close up. Although we did it during the day, I understand the sunset tour is the best one...

We were lucky to get lovely weather in December and learned that there is so much more to do in the north that we will have to save for our next trip to Israel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

What a lovely report! You definitely did some unusual things -- great tips and ideas for other visitors.

Douglas Duckett

20. Re: Suggestions for things to do in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Tiberias