We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Trip

Which Tiberias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Trip

Hi,

Looking for a last minute (for me it is- in two weeks) getaway to Tiberias area.

Criteria: Near a each, inexpensive, has a pool. I looked at places like The Ron Beach but it was too expensive. Also I heard places in the mountains are cooler this time of year but there are so many Tzimmerim around I want to narrow them down. Can anyone advise?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Trip

Why Tiberias, it is NOT cool. In fact, it can be brutal!

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Trip

Try looking for a zimmer in Migdal.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Trip

I would not stay in Tiberias during August due to the heat.

You have good selection of Zimmers on the Golan Heights or Safed area. It allows you going to the Lake of Galilee at cooler hours.

One site that advertises Zimmers is http://www.israeltraveler.org/en

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Trip

If Ron Beach is out og budget your only option is to check one of the hostels like Aviv for instance. On the beach with a pool is a rarity as well as well as out of budget snd keep in mind most places have a minimum number of nights.

I think Tiveria is great in August and hope you find somewhere that suites you.

Chana

Israel

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Trip

Keep away from Tiberias in August - tropical and humid conditions prevail. Look at Moshav Ramot on the Golan - Sagi Rooms - private pool though no beach with lovely views and large rooms b&b. They can also be reserved through the Kibbutz Hotel website. Look also at Nof Ginosar Kibbutz Country Lodging on the Sea of Galilee.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 15:49
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Trip

What's the difference between Nof Ginosar and Tiberias in terms of August weather? Nothing.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Trip

Well, he asked for a beach and Tiberias so I decided that Nof Ginossar offers a beach, a pool and decent accommodations close to Tiberias but away from the town. Yes, it's hot and it wouldn't be my personal choice.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute Trip

Kfar Gilady has a pool and is not expensive, so are the youth hostels in Tel Hai and Poria (a bit on hills and close to Tiberias).

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute Trip

Thank you. We are not interested in Youth Hostels because we are a couple. We will have access to a car. Nor Ginossar seems to be pretty booked and not cheap either. I guess I'll call Zimmers. BY THE WAY- I called the Ron Beach, and they do not have a Kosher Certificate. I did not know this (if this applies to anyone)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,215 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute Trip

Make your own choice but there is no reason to avoid youth hostels if you are a couple - in reality, they are simply like motels - private rooms with shower, toilet, mini fridge, etc. Many couples and families stay in hostels as a way to economize. Personally, Tel Hai is a great hostel.

What you're getting is good, clean accommodations - with a teuda, without spending tons of money.

Get answers to your questions about Tiberias