We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Which Tiberias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

We'll be in Israel in October and are very excited! On October 14 we plan to cross into Jordan from Bet She'an and I have a question about a Jordanian visa. Are visas for US citizens routinely provided at the Bet She'an crossing? Because of our travel dates if I request the visas before we leave home we'll need to pay for a 6 month visa, which is over-kill.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Yes, Jordanian visas are available on the spot at that crossing.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Thank you!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Just to clarify - the only crossing where you cannot get a Jordanian visa on the spot is at the Allenby Bridge.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Is this still the case for Americans? I'm in Tel Aviv trying to cross into Jordan this coming Thursday en route to Amman. Wondering what is the most cost effective/efficient way

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Yes it is the case for all foreign nationals. In order to cross the Allenby Bridge you must have a pre-arranged visa paid for and stamped into your passport. It is also not recommended to cross into Jordan this way due to delays at this crossing.

Should you insist on doing so contact the Jordanian consulate in your home country or make time to visit the Jordanian Consulate in Tel Aviv to obtain a visa. If you cross at Beit Shean or Eilat there is no need for a prior visa.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

I, personally, have entered Jordan via the Sheikh Hussein Bridge (near Beit Shean) and returned to Israel via the Yitzhak Rabin terminal (near Eilat). It's a very smooth and pleasant process with no problems. That's the way I suggest anyone does it.

For some reason, however, so many tourists are rather insistent on using the Allenby Bridge. That would be the least pleasant, most complicated way to enter into Jordan or into Israeli territory. Use the other two options and avoid the Allenby Bridge if possible.

Kos
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Can you please advise how I would travel from Tel Aviv to Beil Shean.....staying in Tel Aviv for 5 nights then want to travel to Amman....last time we travelled on an organised bus from Nazareth....s there a bus from Tel Aviv to Beit Shean that we can us. thanks for your help

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

You can find all the bus schedules at www.otobusim.co.il

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

Except in the late afternoon there are no direct buses from Tel Aviv to Beit Shean. You need to change buses in Afula. Note that the buses from Tel Aviv to Afula leave from the 7th floor of the Tel Aviv central bus station on the EGGED side. The 7th floor is in two parts with no connection between them. If you find yourself in the wrong part of the 7th floor you'll have to go back down to the 6th and start again, following the signs to 7th floor Egged departures.

Buses from Afula to Beit Shean are operated by a company called Kavim.

10. Re: Crossing into Jordan at Bet She'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Tiberias