We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiberius at night

Which Tiberias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tiberius at night

I am traveling 'solo', with large group, with two nights in Tiberius. We have evenings open both nights in Tiberius. Our group is staying at Prima Too Tiberius. Can you suggest safe walking routes at night or other activities? Are there shops open in the evening? We are there Mondya &Tuesday in June. Thanks!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiberius at night

Your hotel will probably have a map of the area. Walk down the main road towards the centre of Tiberias and find your way to the Promenade. It is lovely to walk right alongside the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) in the evening.

There is also a nice fish restaurant along there with seating outside - even if you have eaten your meal with your group you will enjoy sitting there, having coffee, and watching activity on the lake.

Looking at the map to see where the Prima Too is located - the road drops down to the Centre of Tiberias from the hotel. It might take about 20 minutes to walk and will be uphill all the way back. You will pass the end of the roads where the shops are on your way to the Promenade. If after your day of touring you are too tired you climb the hill again once you get down to Tiberias you can always get a taxi - it might cost you about $10.

You will find it safe. :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,078 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiberius at night

Tiberias is safe to walk around day and night. There us an open market leading from Galil street to the sea which sells all kinds of clothing and interesting objects(no food). There are many restaurants aling the boardwalk you could sit and eat or have a drink. Hopefully the sound and light show will be back in operation by the time you come which uf it is is shown 2 or 3 times after nightfall and worth seeing from the promenade.

Most regular shops close by 7 on the main street called Galil.

Chana

Israel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiberius at night

Chana, the light show was on my schedule too. Is it expected, to be on in early July? Thanks!

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiberius at night

Unfortunately the light show is not operating any more

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,078 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiberius at night

According to the Tiberias city hall it is expected to start again at the end of June or start of July. It's hard to get a concrete answer from them. If it's working you will see it, if not -- you won't unfortunately. Let's hope they are ahead of schedule and it is up and running earlier than the July date.

Chana

Israel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiberius at night

Thanks for the info! So helpful!

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiberius at night

When I was there in Oct 2011, there were a few food stands and a restaurant on HaGalil St. Are they now closed?

But I will second the fact that walking around at night is perfectly fine in Tiberius at night. Too bad about the light show, I was able to watch it from the balcony at the Aviv Hosel:

…photobucket.com/user/…IsraelTrip013.jpg.html

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,078 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiberius at night

Hagalil St. is mostly shops with a few felafel stands. Most restaurants are are the roads running perpendicular toward the sea.

The sound and light show ceased due to the increase in water after many years of drought.

Chana

Israel

Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiberius at night

This has been very helpful to me as well. I will arrive in Tiberius on 10/18 and have 3 evenings at either Ceasar Tiberias or Gai Beach Tiberius. Will these suggestions work for those locations or will we need a taxi? Heather did you do a trip report? I would love to hear about your experience.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tiberius at night

The Caesar is in a great location right on the Promenade. We stayed there got a couple of nights on a tour this year and enjoyed our stay there. I haven't stayed at Gai Beach but it's further from the centre of Tiberias.

Yes I did a trip report. We were in Israel 7 weeks this year. This is is the trip report for Tiberias in the part of our trip when John and I were travelling independently. Note that this is our third long trip as Christians to Israel so we were branching out and visiting sites we hadn't seen on previous trips,nor which weren't on the tour we were about to do:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297765-i8115-k…

If you want other ideas for that area please just ask because there is so much but state what kind of sites you are interested in seeing - Christian, Jewish, or general sites etc.

Get answers to your questions about Tiberias