We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Journey from Jerusalem to Tiberias

Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Journey from Jerusalem to Tiberias

Hi,

I am due to travel to Israel in September and need some help regarding costs and the best way to reach the Sea of Gaillie.

On the way I would also like to visit Tel Jezreel overlooking Harod Valley just to take photos and to visit Karnei Hittin to take photos finally reaching the Sea of Galilee.

How much a private taxi cost roughly and can someone help me in planning this trip as I want to leave about 6:00 in the morning.

I apologise for asking silly questions but I don't want to pay too much for private taxi

Thanks

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,174 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Journey from Jerusalem to Tiberias

I would call a few and try to bargain. I believe you can go to the yellow pages once you are in Jerusalem

Edited: 29 May 2014, 06:57
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,077 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Journey from Jerusalem to Tiberias

To visit these two sites you have to drive up along the coast - Hwy 2 or 6. When in Tiberias you can have lunch in one of the restaurants on the lakeside promenade. You can then drive back to Jerusalem via the Jordan Valley and see totally different scenery. If you have time you can visit Belvoir, the Bet Alfa synagogue, etc.

BTW, the Horns of Hattin is an undeveloped site: two insignificant little hills just off the highway to Tiberias. People who have visited them have expressed their disappointment in their trip reports.

33. Re: Journey from Jerusalem to Tiberias

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tiberias