We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree..here we come!

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banyan Tree..here we come!

3 weeks and 5 days people... not that long till we will be taking in the sun and enjoting the beaches! I am so excited, cant wait, have been a little dissapointed with the reviews lately on here.. but hopfully it'll be great!

We have booked a few treatments too so that should be nice, still deciding which island to visit..

thanks for letting me share!!!

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

have a FAB time, im sure you will !!

Send my love to the Seychelles for me. Im not jealous *laughs* !!

let us know when you come home about your trip.

UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Yes, yes, have an excellent time, make the most of your trip and do try to make it up to the mission school in the mountains (near Le Morne). The views are indescribably superlative.

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Have a wonderful time. I look forward to your report when you get back . I am soooooo envious of you.

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Thank you both, will give you a full report when i am back!!!

:) 3 weeks 4 days to go!!!!

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Hi Spandey

Hope you have a fab time and looking forward to your report on your return.

Where and what is the Mission School, how do you get there?

Thanks.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Have a good trip & enjoy! Safe travels.

UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

In the old days the mission school in Mahe was a refuge for children rescued from slave ships. All that is left now are the crumbling remains of one or two dormitries and a podium which Queen Elizabeth once visited and had a cup of tea.

Personally, I was entranced by the serene silence - a marked difference to Victoria, yet so near. From this vantage point high in the mountains we had a panoramic view of the Indian ocean, its blue-silk smoothness interrupted by foliage-thronged islands - St Anne may have been one of them. On the flatter patches of steep mountain side falling to the shoreline we saw tea plantations, the planters dots of colour moving about the greenery as they worked. A white bird, perhaps a fairy-tern, almost a dot itself but magnified nicely by my camcorder, swooped, circled and dipped in this vast and quiet expanse of space. It may be just me but I loved the serenity and mystery of the place and would recommend it to anyone. And perhaps a solo visit unaccompanied by a coach-load of other tourists milling about may even be better than what we experienced.

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

Hi Spandy,

As one of the dissapointed reviewers don't be too downbeat (not that it seems you are!)

The Seychelles are still a fabulous destination and the Banyan Tree is not at all "bad" just could do somethings better....

Enjoy, I'm sure you will!

9. Re: Banyan Tree..here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 00:20