We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Barbarons

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien Barbarons

we are staying at the above for a week in Mid July 09, i have seen mixed reveiws which has made me a bit nervous, can anyone give me up to date veiws.

trips to the other islands, can any one give me an idea of costing for the transport, or trips

Other information will be great, I have been waiting to visit Seychelles for 30 odd years and want to get the most from my visit, we then travel to Mauritus for a week

Any advice will be great

Thanks to all that respond

Cornwall
Level Contributor
169 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

Went there as part of a travel agent's fam trip just last week, and I LOVED it. The restaurant is fab, and the bar/restaurant/dj combo is great - even if the dj does play songs a teeny bit too loud.

Rooms are fine but they have this odd curtain screen thing instead of a sliding door - don't get that!

as for trips have a look at creole travel's website:

www.creoletravelservices.com they are ground agents for the Mahe.

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

Thanks for that

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

Hello!

I visited Seychelles in September 2008 and I saw all the hotels in Mahe island.

Le Meridien Barbarons is one of the best.

- it has a good beach

- nice restaurants and bars

- nice rooms

But:

- it is situated far away from everything

- about 30 - 40 minutes by bus or car to Victoria

- about 15 minutes by bus to the nearest village

- there can be pretty high waves sometimes (not every day)

Travel agents in Mahe sell 1-day trips to 2 islands (Praslin and La Digue) by ferry at 150 Euro per person including lunch and all the transport.

You will find some locals in Le Meridien Barbarons who offer to take you to any place in Mahe island on their personal cars at a good price. I tried them, nothing to worry about, it was great!

4. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2009, 00:21
The Hague
Level Contributor
384 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

Can you tell me how far it is from the airport?

london
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

it is about 25-30 mins drive from the airport

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

hi.

we will do pretty much the same in the beggining of september.first we visit mauritius and then seychelles!in seychelles we will stay in meridien barbarons. like you we are a little bit nervous about the mixed reviews.i'm waiting for yours!i hope you will have a great time.by the way in which hotel are you going to stay in mauritius?

Arbroath, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

Hi there, just 9 days left, I'm really looking forward to my holiday. Trips in the Seychelles are expensive so we plan to do only the 2 island one.

We are staying at the Merville Beach, in Grande Baile.

We found a site that offers very reasonable tours so at moment have booked 2. Will let you know how they go

Where are you staying in Mauritus

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

hi.

in mauritius we will be staying in intercontinental most probably or the meridien as second choice.

10. Re: Le Meridien Barbarons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island