We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meridien Fischerman's couve

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest
3 posts
Save Topic
Meridien Fischerman's couve

Hello!!! We are going to the Seychelle in januari and will stay 2 weeks in Meridien Fischerman's couve hotel. Can you please describe me the pozitives and negatives about this hotel.

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meridien Fischerman's couve

It depends on the room type you have booked to be honest. There are rooms nearer the sea and some not. But it is a lovely property.

Being a Seychelles purist, I would always advocate taking one week on Praslin and one week on Mahe rather than stay two weeks in one place, but I understand it reduces the stress.

The hotel is well positioned for Beau Vallon beach which is beautiful. you'll find some nice local markets on a Wednesday and there is a good bus link to town during the day.

It is also really easy to find some local restaurants within a very close distance of the hotel to vary your diet.

Airport to the hotel will take you 20 minutes which makes for an easy transfer and if you want to do a day trip to Praslin you can easily by air or sea.

I hope you have a fantastic time!

2. Re: Meridien Fischerman's couve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 11:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meridien Fischerman's couve

Make sure you hire yourselves a car for a few days and see the rest of the island, 2 weeks in one place would be a bit boring for me and i'd agree with the above, Hilton is a little nicer, and if you're doing 2 weeks next time make sure you split it between 2 or 3 islands (Praslin or La Digue or one of the smaller ones like Denis, Desroches, St Anne, Silhouette etc..).

La Scala is a must for dinner one night as its only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the food and service is excellent.

The good news is if you get bored in your hotel or with Beau Vallon in general you can drive 3/4 of the way around the island on one road so its easy to do and there's plenty of other beautiful beaches to see.

I hope the weather is OK for you too, January is usually a bit wetter than the rest of the year.

Budapest
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meridien Fischerman's couve

Thank you for good describes. It is a good idea to spend a week in other island but we have already booked :( may be next time.... The room is with see view and with breakfast only, so we'll try all the restaurants :). We asked about rent a car at our travel agency but it was very expensive, so we desided to rent at the hotel. Do you know the price for a day to rent? Also I prefer to rent a bike :) It is posible, do you know? Thanks for everybody and still waiting for your suggestion!!!

5. Re: Meridien Fischerman's couve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island